+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Frustration

del
    Last edited by intruderalert1234; 10-12-2012 at 22:17.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Frustration

Ok deep breathe. When u say lose it with him what do u mean? U r allowed to be frustrated by his behaviour but you need to deal with the frustration in an adult manner. We all get flustered, shout occasionally, use stern words etc etc. but any action that diminishes your child self worth is unacceptable to me. So no name calling, hitting, screaming in his face. U must set the expectation and help him achieve it. So if it's lying still whilst you change him...show him how still u expect him to lie and if he manages it for even ten seconds more than before praise the hell out of him! Make it a game. U won't break him but just take a step back and think how else might I be able to achieve the result I after...they r very manipulative little people...find his currency. Most importantly just create a sense of fun.

Sounds to me that u might just need a little u time...a gym session, walk, massage, warm bath.

I am sure u r a great Mum. He just needs you to set boundaries for him and stick to them in a controlled manner.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefully2 For This Useful Post:

intruderalert1234  (24-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Frustration

del
    Last edited by intruderalert1234; 10-12-2012 at 22:17.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Frustration

Huge hugs. I know exactly how you feel. My DD is 25 months and exactly the same. She pushes me and pushes me and at some point it just snaps.

She too is polite and grateful and loving, but these ridiculous screaming fits she throws which wake up DS just after I've struggled for an hour to get him to sleep for the first time in days. Like, I go to change her nappy, and she screams blue murder.

She has always been a major daddy's girl and will do anything and everythibg for him... I can go jump as far as she's concerned.

I have actually gotten to the point now where it has made me question her "love" for me. (I know, she loves me, I'm her mummy... blah)

I have just started seeing a psychologist as it is affecting all areas of my life and I really need to learn how to deal with it better. (Maybe it's because DS is getting so much of my time trying to get him to sleep etc?)

Don't beat yourself up. The fact that you have acknowledged what you are doing isn't right/fair/whatever is a good starting point.

When you start to get that 'I'm gonna lose it' feeling, walk away. Go pee, outside and check the washing, check the mail whatever.

Don't be hard on yourself. Hugs

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Turk EnJayDee For This Useful Post:

intruderalert1234  (24-08-2012)