+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default TTC no. 1 Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    AF arrived this morning. I knew it was coming on Saturday night, so got the tears out the way. DH is totally clueless and gives me the it'll happen line. Can he guarantee that? He also told to just relax. Boy he must have read the book of 101 things not to say to a woman ttc. He was definitely in the bad books that night.

We want 2. I'd like them close together. Given how long it is taking with no. 1, I'm thinking of just not trying not preventing after we get our first. I'm already 30 and feel time is getting away from us.
    I'm in the same boat! We want 2 as well, just turned 30 and am freaking out we've left it too long, and all I get from hubby is that I need to relax and just let it happen, apparently if we plan it too much it won't work according to him. Men! Grrr! Damn you AF for making me this moody!!
    Vent over!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default TTC no. 1 Chat

TTC officially sux and so does AF.

I'm thinking of making a deal with DH. He can confiscate my thermometer, OPKs and maybe baby, if he agrees to dtd every second day for the whole cycle. That will help me relax cos I wont have to think about when we need to dtd.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default TTC no. 1 Chat

Sounds like a gd deal to me x

Thanks
    Reviews

Default TTC no. 1 Chat

I'm thinking of making a deal with DH. He can confiscate my thermometer, OPKs and maybe baby, if he agrees to dtd every second day for the whole cycle. That will help me relax cos I wont have to think about when we need to dtd.
    I was thinking the same thing. If it starts taking a while I will delete my umpteen apps that tell me when I'm about to O and we'll just do it everyday!!! Lol I guess that would assist in the "chilling out and relaxing" department!

DH is jus cool calm and collected ALL of the time it does my head in! I am the complete opposite... So I get no sympathy at all when I complain about the TWW!

Gerry boys!

Thanks
    Reviews

Lol I can't imagine he'd have too much trouble agreeing to that deal..!

Sorry that AF showed... its horrible!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It's so frustrating when it feels like you're the only one bring it up in conversation/making effort to get it happening. It makes you look even more manic when in reality, someone has to do the planning!

DP just got her tax back, it all went into the baby account

Thanks
    Reviews

Default TTC no. 1 Chat

That's a smart idea, we hav no baby account lol, I'm sure we'll be fine. DH has just started a new business in march so it's been an interesting year, but everyone keeps telling me if we wait for the right time financially well never have children, so we're just going for it.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default TTC no. 1 Chat

Ours will be empty after fertility treatment!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default TTC no. 1 Chat

For a great cause rainbow xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would strongly recommend a pre conception blood test to anyone trying.

I had one in October 2011, where I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I never would have found out had I not had the full blood tests done (and they don't always do a thyroid function test).

I found out that a proper functioning thyroid is vital for both conception and the development of the baby and who knows what would have happened if I hadn't had the blood tests.

I had to put ttc on hold for 4 months while getting my thyroid under control and then it get a further 4 months to get pregnant.

Good luck to you all... have faith and don't think about it too much (as hard as it is), it will happen when the time is right.