+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My hubby is the same, kinda goes with the flow. He too doesnt understand the emotional rollercoaster we go through.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsleesey View Post
    Same with you! My mum and closest friends know, but apart from DH, mum & I - know one else is really getting the "day by day" account of it! ha ha
    Its funny, mum gets so much information, that when I am pregnant, i wouldn't need to tell her cos she'd realise she'd missed the monthly teary phone call

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi Falkor!
    I completely agree with you - I thought stopping the Pill was about all we had to worry about! Ha ha. I wish.
    The few days before AF is due to arrive are so long and slow, aren't they!

I haven't introduced myself, so here I am:

Age 29
    Live in Adelaide
    DH & I got married in April (we've been together 2 years)
    On cycle #3 also, but really only on our 1 1/2 of trying.

The first month off the pill we had no idea of what was going on & were taking the "whatever happens" approach. Last cycle we were kind of thinking about it - but not so much. This cycle - we are both more keen for it to happen.
    It seems that every month it doesn't happen, the more we want it to.

And a month can be a long time when you are waiting for days to pass!
    We're similar, I'm 30, live in Adelaide, married in April

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    We're similar, I'm 30, live in Adelaide, married in April
    haha!
    Which date in April did you get married and where abouts?

We got married on 21/4/2012 at St Andrews Church & had our reception at Next Generation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    haha!
    Which date in April did you get married and where abouts?

We got married on 21/4/2012 at St Andrews Church & had our reception at Next Generation.
    We got married 5th April at Silvestri's at Clarendon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    We got married 5th April at Silvestri's at Clarendon
    Oh very nice! Happy 6 month anniversary today!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes Mrsleesey, the "let down" feeling when AF arrives is just crapola. I took it pretty hard this month - thought we'd been doing everything right. Looking at my charts, there could be a possible problem, so I am going to have a chat to my GP to get some advice and a check up. The other terrible thing is that my PMT is much worse off the pill and the mood swings are just terrible.

leeleelee...I'm in a similar boat to you. 33, feel like time is starting to slip away, now into cycle 5. I recommend charting temperatures and CM...I was able to identify when I was actually ovulating, which turns out to be a bit later than I thought. I also have a short luteal phase, which may or may not be an issue - but I suspect it is.

I was on the pill for 13 years, so I suppose I should have anticipated it will take time for my body to sort itself out. If I had the power of hindsight, I would have come off the pill a few months in advance to chart cycles so I'd have a head start when it came to TTC. To think that only 6 months ago, I didn't want to do that because I was paranoid of falling pregnant too early!! (before PHI kicked in!!) Ahh, easy to be wise with hindsight isn't it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can completely relate to PMT being so much worse off the pill. I didn't realise how much the pill was masking, until I stopped taking it. The mood swings are horrendous

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
    Yes Mrsleesey, the "let down" feeling when AF arrives is just crapola. I took it pretty hard this month - thought we'd been doing everything right. Looking at my charts, there could be a possible problem, so I am going to have a chat to my GP to get some advice and a check up. The other terrible thing is that my PMT is much worse off the pill and the mood swings are just terrible.

leeleelee...I'm in a similar boat to you. 33, feel like time is starting to slip away, now into cycle 5. I recommend charting temperatures and CM...I was able to identify when I was actually ovulating, which turns out to be a bit later than I thought. I also have a short luteal phase, which may or may not be an issue - but I suspect it is.

I was on the pill for 13 years, so I suppose I should have anticipated it will take time for my body to sort itself out. If I had the power of hindsight, I would have come off the pill a few months in advance to chart cycles so I'd have a head start when it came to TTC. To think that only 6 months ago, I didn't want to do that because I was paranoid of falling pregnant too early!! (before PHI kicked in!!) Ahh, easy to be wise with hindsight isn't it?

I agree with so much of this!
    I would have come off the pill earlier too if I knew it would take my body a little while to re-adjust & then awhile to actually work out when I'm ovulating etc.
    It's hard to know though, as lots of people say that it only takes a few days for your body to be "normal" after coming off the pill.
    Then you hear of the people that get pregnant the first month off the pill or while they are still ON the pill! So of course we are going to think that could happen to us as well!
    Oh well. Hindsight most certainly is a wonderful thing.
    I had been on the pill for almost 13 years too. Can't believe it's been that long... I still remember the day I asked my mum to go on it! ha ha ha

If I don't fall this month then I might buy an OPK next month. I want the to show me when the right time is to do it! It might show be where we've gone wrong and if we think there is anything to worry about!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would love to join if I may.... I shall introduce myself.

I am 29 from Adelaide ~ had Endo treated about 10 years ago. And recently diagnosed PCOS & underactive thyroid.
    DH 33 & as far as we know normal
    We were married in May last year.
    We have been TTC since August this year for our first.

I never realised there was so much involved when TTC.

Wishing everyone a short TTC journey