+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sigh! So impatient...

Trying to "relax" (haha) about this whole ttc process, but it does not come easily or naturally. I'm a planner, a goal setter & totally hating not being in control of anything with this particular goal!

It is not helped by the fact that I have stayed in a job I don't particularly like, because the leave & conditions are good. I have tolerated that until now, because it has financed things, allowed time off for travel etc. I could cope with it knowing that in 7 months time I'd be off on mat leave...and able to return part time (as well as expanding my at home business). Now it is just doing my head in! I'm stuck there & have to make the best of it. Doh.

I thought I had my cycles sussed, but this month, trying OPKs has left me more mystified than ever (all negative). I thought I'd already o'd, but now on CD 19 I'm getting signs. DH has been away with work this week, not great timing...I shall pounce on him as soon as he gets home. Enough messing around with pee or temps I never remember to take. It's dtd every 2 days I say. (he won't complain...)

Not a lot of point to this other than relieving my tension...not many people know we are ttc. I didn't realise how much it plays on the emotions. I was never clucky before....now the maternal urge has kicked in so strongly, I don't know myself. I just Want.To. Be. Pregnant. Now!

Surely I am not the only nutter? Please make me feel better!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think I can definitely join you in being a nutter!

We are not even ttc yet, and I am stalking BH like a crazy person, have decided exactly which pram, cot, bassinet, car seat, bottles, etc that I want when I do eventually have a baby, and every time I go to the shops I find myself wondering into all the baby shops just for a look!
    I also take note of my cycle each month checking CM and noticing every little pain I have, trying to pick ovulation!

We are not even beginning to ttc until 2013

Totally nuts!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Yep I'm a nutter too. And can completely relate Falkor. We've been trying for 5 months. Like you I'm staying with my job because of their maternity leave policy.

I have tried using maybe baby, temping, and using OPKs. This month I bought an ovacue and have used that in conjunction with OPKs. So far nothing has worked (unless I'm utd now, AF due Sunday).

And if one more person says if i relax it will happen, I'm likely to punch them in the face. I am a control freak, so having this completely out of my control is driving me nuts.

And even when I try not to, I symptom spot like crazy in the TWW. Sobdar none of my 'symptoms' have resulted in a BFP, so clearly I am crazy and it's all in my head.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah, the old symptom spotting, yes guilty of that myself....

It's nice to know I am not alone in my craziness. Only one of my sisters & a few close friends know I'm trying, so it's good to be able to come here & get it off my chest.

Before we started properly trying, I actually stuffed up my Pill & thought it might result in a happy accident. Nope! Yet how many people do I know who did a similar thing end up utd??!

I try not to get too sad when AF turns up, but earlier this month it was awful & has since triggered a month of baaaaaad eating. I feel awful about myself & need to get a bit healthier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

That's the problem I have. I get depressed cos I'm not pregnant, so turn to emotional eating, then I gain weight and get depressed cos I'm getting fat. Vicious circle at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Sigh! So impatient...

I love this place a feel so not alone!

I am also hanging in with my job for the benefits which is harder every month i am not pregnant.

And i am glad i am not the only one who has already picked everything out and finds themselves in the baby isle..lol..not alone in my crazy world.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep kayem, I am a bit unhappy in my job...but it pays well, I have 3 months of sick leave accumulated, still have some LSL & can get 14 weeks paid mat leave on top of the federal parental leave. Would be silly to leave now (especially when the job market is not crash hot). I'd much rather be a Mum than chained to an office.

I'm a bit the same Lil Smurfy, hopeless with emotional eating. I reach for the chocky around 4pm each day atm! At work I am heaps worse, because it's there...

If the weather would hurry up & improve, I'm sure that would boost my morale a bit! Grey skies & trying to rain yet again...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
    Trying to "relax" (haha) about this whole ttc process, but it does not come easily or naturally. I'm a planner, a goal setter & totally hating not being in control of anything with this particular goal!

It is not helped by the fact that I have stayed in a job I don't particularly like, because the leave & conditions are good. I have tolerated that until now, because it has financed things, allowed time off for travel etc. I could cope with it knowing that in 7 months time I'd be off on mat leave...and able to return part time (as well as expanding my at home business). Now it is just doing my head in! I'm stuck there & have to make the best of it. Doh.

I thought I had my cycles sussed, but this month, trying OPKs has left me more mystified than ever (all negative). I thought I'd already o'd, but now on CD 19 I'm getting signs. DH has been away with work this week, not great timing...I shall pounce on him as soon as he gets home. Enough messing around with pee or temps I never remember to take. It's dtd every 2 days I say. (he won't complain...)

Not a lot of point to this other than relieving my tension...not many people know we are ttc. I didn't realise how much it plays on the emotions. I was never clucky before....now the maternal urge has kicked in so strongly, I don't know myself. I just Want.To. Be. Pregnant. Now!

Surely I am not the only nutter? Please make me feel better!
    OMG Falkor....this could be me saying this...haha

I am a total planner and it kills me to not be in control. I am also depressed every month that it's another month I need to stay at work. I've had some new job offers that I would jump at if we weren't TTC. Just feel trapped sometimes!

Glad to know I'm not alone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh gosh I felt like crying until I read all of your comments. I am in the worst mood tonight and all I can think about is "will I fall pregnant this month? What if I don't?!". I just wish I could tell my body to just conceive already!

TTC is the longest and most frustrating process.

Baby dust to everyone. We all need to get up the duff already!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Work has been terrible this week. Sigh!

I am PMSing off my head I think. Either that or utd! Been feeling so weird for the past few days. AF due Monday, arrghhh. I could poas, but would prefer to wait til AF does not show up. Feeling a bit sickly today, but I reckon my body is playing tricks on me again.

Already making plans for next cycle...hubby won't know what's hit him! Time to up the ante a bit!