+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    my water broke at 22 weeks at work the week before xmas packed out salon while i was doing a set of foils, Well i had gone to the toilet and had been having period like pains, went to the toilet had finished weeing and then more water came gushing out.

I went back to the salon and then to the hospital was put on a drip to stop the labour thankfully it worked

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nowhere For This Useful Post:

JR03  (25-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Worried about going into labour at work

Depends on your job really. DD I stopped st 34 weeks and at the time I was in a job that required a lot of driving out bush on my own. I stopped the travel at about 6 months. DS I stopped at 38 weeks as I was in easy job. This one looking at 37 w as with DS I was so tired going into labour and I don't want that happening again.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CleverClogs For This Useful Post:

JR03  (25-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Worried about going into labour at work

I finished at 33 weeks.. It was Nov last year, getting hot, I was huge and I was over it! I had DD at 38+6 :-) I enjoyed the time off.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PorkyPies For This Useful Post:

JR03  (25-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I finished up 17 days before I was due and son arrived nearly 14 days overdue (induced).

I was mentally ready to finish up though, as I was just going through the motions at work (I was on light duties working in a section that I find less interesting than the usual work I was doing, have changed roles since returning to work over 12 months ago).

Physically I was fine however. I will aim to be off work 2-3 weeks prior to due date next time too.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tap For This Useful Post:

JR03  (25-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Worried about going into labour at work

I was supposed to finish at 37 weeks. I was worried about waters breaking at work because it would have been embarrassing but I worked across the carpark from the delivery suite so had no worries about getting to hospital!

My waters broke at 36 weeks at home when I was getting ready for work. I don't mind that I didn't have time off, means I got extra time off work with my bubba

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubintummy For This Useful Post:

JR03  (25-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    With DS1 I finished at 39+6 and had him at 40! I work with mostly men and I think they were more terrified than me I was going to have bubs in the office. My labour was 24 hours though so not much danger of a surprise there

12. The Following User Says Thank You to pommiemum11 For This Useful Post:

JR03  (25-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I plan to finish at 37 weeks so in 6 weeks. I want to have a few weeks at home before bubs is born to get stuff organized but am a bit worried about him coming late and ending up with 5 weeks off. However I honestly don't think I would be able to work past 37 weeks. I am struggling now. We worked out how many days of work i have left now, only 27 days weekly!

Regarding going into to labour at work, I read a few articles on it being rare to go into labour during the day that it usually happens at night.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Donnab739 For This Useful Post:

JR03  (25-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think the long and short of this is that if you are intending to leave work at 38 weeks, you may go into labour beforehand. Babies are full term from 37 weeks so it could be any time from then.

People say first babies always come late, but there are plenty of examples of babies that came early. I had a friend who gave birth recently on the morning that was supposed to be her last day at work (at 36 weeks). Another one gave birth the day after she finished work (at 37 weeks). Just a couple of examples.

Of course, you may have plenty of time from 38 weeks, but if you really feel like you will need a break between finishing work and having your baby, you are taking a gamble. Not a big deal, and you'll deal with whatever happens, but I think this is a fact that you need to get your head around.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sally1981 For This Useful Post:

JR03  (25-08-2012)