+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Best Pre-Pregnancy Vitamin to take?

Hi Ladies,
    Which is the best Pre-Preg vitamin to take? I'm currently taking Nature's Own Folic Acid. Nearly finished the tub though, should I continue with that or try something else?
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews

Subscribing because I'd like to know too! We have to wait 2 months before we ttc but thought I may as well prepare myself!

Thanks
    Reviews

I took fertilaid from the US. After trying ivf many times with no success this worked for me the first month trying, I miscarried and tried again, same thing got pregnant first month. I'm 20 weeks tomorrow! You do have to stop it though as soon as you get a bfp as it contains vit A which is bad during pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews

I might be the odd one out here but I just took cenovis pregnancy & brestfeeding right from TTC as I didn't see the point in taking something while TTC & then changing once pg!

Thanks
    Reviews

I was on Elevit but switched to Blackmores prenatal around week 6 as Elevit made me really sick, two of my friends had the same issue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

I have no probs with Natures Own so I guess I could stay on that. I might ask at the chemist as there's a certain amount of folio acid that they recommend. Around 500mcg I think?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a pre TTC appointment with my gyno (to get my IUD removed) and he said that they are all the same - some just cost a lot more because of marketing. He told me to buy Blackmores Folic Acid (nice and inexpensive) and take it with a coles brand chewable multi (for extra absorbtion as it contains Vit C) - also cheap. There is nothing wrong with the more expensive brands but you don't need to spend a lot of money to get the extra support you need when TTC and pregnant. I hope this helps

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Best Pre-Pregnancy Vitamin to take?

Quote Originally Posted by Debstar76 View Post
    I had a pre TTC appointment with my gyno (to get my IUD removed) and he said that they are all the same - some just cost a lot more because of marketing. He told me to buy Blackmores Folic Acid (nice and inexpensive) and take it with a coles brand chewable multi (for extra absorbtion as it contains Vit C) - also cheap. There is nothing wrong with the more expensive brands but you don't need to spend a lot of money to get the extra support you need when TTC and pregnant. I hope this helps
    I also had an appointment just with my regular .gp a couple of days and asked about vitamins. She also said to go the inexpensive route of just regular frolic acid while ttc and iodine. She said the actual ones that are marketed as pregnancy have a lot more in them but your body doesn't always need all the extra if I maintain a healthy balanced diet. She said if I wanted to I could then change later but don't have to

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub