+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 6 mth sleep regression?

Hi all, has anyone discovered their 6 mth old regressing with sleep?
    My previous self settler and excellent day sleeper has turned into (usually for afternoon sleep) non-self settling, crying, needing to be fed or rocked to sleep :-(
    I'm wondering if it's rolling? Trying to crawl? Teething?
    Only seems to be the afternoon sleep though. Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

My DD has a similar week. She's usually an awesome baby and falls asleep in 5 minutes. The other week she would scream and cry 2 days like that! I was so worried! She got over it tho, we think she was getting over tiered, she wanted to play and didn't give tiered signs then she'd just lose it! We stopped giving her toys in the evening and turning her away from the tv screen (she was watching it!)
    She's back to normal now, hope this helps!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, i also am going through the same issue but my little one is only 4 months. Iam also hoping that its just a phase and it will pass. 4pm nearly right on the dot she turns feral....a cute fearl though lol
    She has just started to cut a tooth so this is making things worse.
    Do you think the TV stimulates them?

Thanks
    Reviews

Yeah I was told not to let them watch tv at night time, the pixels overstimulate their little brains. Either block their view or just turn off!

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh ya tv, iPad even my iPhone she'll stare at it and will be much harder to get her to sleep, so we go into the bedroom nice and dark and quiet. Try that I'm sure it overstimulates them!

Thanks
    Reviews

I had this at 4 months. My 11 hours straight no feeds breast fed bub went backwards quickly and started waking every 1.5-3 hours, he didn't even wake that much as a newborn ! This lasted 4 months :-(
    I have no advice on sleep regression just horrible memories 

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh Kelly8329 that makes me so very VERY sad!!

My perfect little sleeper (almost 6mths) has turned into a nightmare for the past two weeks (with the odd good night) but last night her longest sleep was 1hr 15mins!! And only when I was holding her in the worlds most uncomfortable position. Aaaahhhhhhh! Please don't let this go on!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ElleB View Post
    Oh Kelly8329 that makes me so very VERY sad!!

My perfect little sleeper (almost 6mths) has turned into a nightmare for the past two weeks (with the odd good night) but last night her longest sleep was 1hr 15mins!! And only when I was holding her in the worlds most uncomfortable position. Aaaahhhhhhh! Please don't let this go on!
    Oh I feel your pain 
    I had never heard of it in my life , my older two were great sleepers and never regressed but my youngest who seemed to be the best sleeper yet just went on a downward spiral.
    I had no idea what he wanted, I had to introduce a dummy at 5 months, all though it didn't stop he waking it stopped him using me as the dummy and it took me 3 weeks of persisting that he was having one!
    Argh it did pass though at 8.5 months only to get bronchiolitis and he went backwards for another 2 weeks until finally he started sleeping all night again. Ohhh happy day 
    He is 2 next week now and I do barely remember that time just that it was not a great time to be around me

Thanks
    Reviews

I hope I can say soon that I barely remember it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi OP, are you having 2 or 3 sleeps per day? At 6 months DS was suddenly able to stay awake for another half hour and went down to 2 sleeps. As pp suggested also try a 15 min winding down before a nap by reducing the stimulation and doing something quiet and calming - DS used to love to have a cuddle and look out of the window at the trees before afternoon naps. Some deep breathing from me also encouraged (and still does) to calm down and get ready for sleep.