+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have to say I'd have been miffed too because of the way she went about it.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default A lady just tried to scam me at the supermarket checkout!

London - I see what you're saying but there were no other customers around when she hovered and put the eggs on the belt in the first place. She had ample opportunity to have a 'quiet word' to me, but she didn't.

Like I said, had she spoken to me about it I would have gladly bought them for her, and probably would have told her to grab some milk too and a packet of chocolate biscuits or something. I felt a little bad as I got to my car and had had time to really process what had happened, but she was pretty much mocking me and trying to laugh with the cashier at my expense simply because I wouldn't put it through on my card.

Eko - I wondered myself just how many times she'd gotten away with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'd be annoyed as it then means i have to have the items removed from my transaction and that adds more time wasted when i like to be in and out asap. I think it is sneaky and rude.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Totally weird - what would she have done when the cashier put the eggs and bread in your bags? Said "hey, they're mine"... but then couldn't give you money for them?

Poor thing, she must be pretty badly off to have to behave like that..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I assume her idea was to properly wait until the last minute then say something like 'Oh my eggs? They must have been put through with your stuff, oh dear' and then the person is too busy to bother changing the transaction and thinks it's only a few dollars so says 'Don't worry, just take them'. It is a pretty ridiculous scam but i suppose it could work if it was done to the right person.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (23-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I'm sorry but that is really inappropriate. And I might sound nasty, but no matter what I would not have paid for them, even if she'd asked me.

Even if it had gone through without me noticing I would have been straight back for a refund as I always check my docket.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

I would definitely have paid for them if she asked but that's just a weird one! She must be very desperate I guess

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I would have said to her "if you need help, just ask. I'd gladly help out someone in need. What you did was sneaky and I would never help a sneak."

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Bubs'n'Roses View Post
    I would have said to her "if you need help, just ask. I'd gladly help out someone in need. What you did was sneaky and I would never help a sneak."
    If it had been apparent while I was right there, this would have been the perfect thing to say - or something along those lines anyway.

I didn't realise the full situation until I was halfway back to the car. Hindsight is a wonderful thing huh?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Hindsight sucks!