+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was sick for most of my pregnancy, stopped vomiting by about 30 weeks. I lost alot of weight in the first few months, then packed it on in the last couple.
    Ds was 5 days overdue and 9lbs.

Squeegee is offline Wanting to add a new squeegee to the family
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmmm some very interesting responses. I guess I class a big baby as 9pound minimum. I am intrigued and curious to hear more responses.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Curious...."Long term morning sickness = lower birth weight babes?

I was already tall & thin, I put on more weight with DD then I did with DS & DD was born 3weeks early at 5p 5oz & DS was born 40+2 at 8p 4oz. I'm not sure as DD had IUGR

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm currently 32 weeks and have has MS every day since abobut 10 weeks. Lost 4kg and have only put 1kg on in the past fortnight. OB is really happy as the baby is measuring perfectly - will see what the end result is in the not too distant future!! I was getting concerned but like some of the previous posters have said, the baby gets all the good stuff first before it's mama does

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I was worried about this.

I had Hyperemesis with DS2 from 5wks to 26wks. I dont think i ate anything from 9wks to about 20wks. I was on a drip 3times in hospital (9wks, 15wks, 19wks) and DS2 was born at 40+9wks and weighed 9pd9.5oz.

I had general ms with DS1 from 3wks to 14wks, he was born at 40+9wks and weighed 9pd11.5oz. DS2 was 'supposed' to weigh over 10pd so he may have weighed less then predicted, but he was a big baby, despite my sickness.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

My friend could barely hold anything down for the whole pregnancy. By the end she was 10kg lighter. Her bubba was 9lb.

Thanks
    Reviews

Haven't read all replies, but I had terrible morning sickness and threw up at least once a day for approx 3/4 of my pregnancy. DS was born at 38+2 weighing 8lb 10oz.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    My friend could barely hold anything down for the whole pregnancy. By the end she was 10kg lighter. Her bubba was 9lb.
    I was pretty much the same

Thanks
    Reviews

Nope not true in my case. My last two I had terrible sickness until the day I gave birth to both, it was really awful. My daughter was 8 pound 1, my son was 8 pound. When i was pregnant with my first first child, I only had morning sickness in the first trimester and he was my lightest, weighing 7 pound 12. All three of my children were born two weeks early.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Curious...."Long term morning sickness = lower birth weight babes?

I had morning sickness most of my preg and gained 20kg! All the nibbling constantly i suppose. Ds was 9 pounds.. Maybe if u didn't put on much weight u would have the smaller baby? No idea how it works..