+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ears and Nose Surgery.... PLEASE HELP!!

Hello,

my youngest son, 2 next month, has had a running nose since he was two days old. He also suffered lots of ear infections. he hasn't had an ear infection for 5-6months. Four weeks ago we went to the ENT about his running nose. He straight away suggested adnoids out and grommets in. i was all for it (he is booked in on his birthday ) but noticed about 3 days ago his nose stopped running. its barely ever stopped. I'm now wondering if I should go ahead and pay the $1600 for his surgery... i am unsure now as he seems to be doing better. does anyone know if doing it unnecessarily would do any harm long term? I can't sleep its really eating at me. Thanks in advance- Ashfrombris x

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ears and Nose Surgery.... PLEASE HELP!!

My ds was exactly the same. He had his adenoids and first of grommets at 9 mths. There is no long term effects by having it done. It can only help. If you think he's getting better just postpone the surgery for a months and see how things go. Feel free to pm me for more details.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Ears and Nose Surgery.... PLEASE HELP!!

Ok thanx, i think i just need the reassurance that if i have it done (even if he is "better") that it won't do any harm long term. He has been sick with this running nose forever, not to mention not sleeping very much. Thanks for putting my mind at ease ash x

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ashfrombris For This Useful Post:

wigglemum  (23-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Ears and Nose Surgery.... PLEASE HELP!!

My kids both have had the constant runny nose for ever. Very occasionally it will stop for a short time but it always returns..they are both having the surgery. My son is four and his constant blocked sinuses have effected his hearing, speech and learning.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't know if you'll find this helpful, but I'm happy to share.

Alot of people are intolerant of dairy (cow's milk, especially) and the intolerance manifests as runny nose, throat infections, tonsilitis, ear infections, etc. (Am talking from personal experience.) Perhaps you could try taking your little one off cow's milk (including cheese, yoghurt, ice cream, cream, chocolate, butter, etc) for a while and see if it makes any difference.

We swapped cow's milk for goat's milk and it made a HUGE difference for me and my daughters are some of the healthiest children I know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Really helpful thanks for sharing
    Rhinoplasty or Nose Surgery