+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What will you eat after the baby arrives?! Any foods you are missing?

Yeah ive been making my own sushi. I'm an addict and couldnt do another pregnancy without it. Sushezi is the best invention ever. Makes perfect looking sushi every time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I am still eating as per normal, cheeses, eggs, mousse, rare or raw meat etc. The only thing we will do after the birth is popping the champagne!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    Yes. I've just been reading. It also says ricotta isn't safe? Weird.... What about cottage? I can't keep up!?? Lol.
    I think it's any soft/white cheese unless pasteurized (or cooked)

Only hard cheeses like cheddar, tasty, Colby etc are ok

I'm hanging for some feta sprinkled on salad I know that much!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kebab, soft serve, ham, chicken loaf, BBQ chicken, Subway, Oporto, KFC, General Buffet like at a Club for dinner, and hot dogs.

I figure when I'm out of hospital, I will do it all the first week and get it over and done with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Where would people be getting unpasteurised white cheeses? if you buy ricotta and fetta from the packaged cheese section (as opposed to the deli where I am a bit iffy about the freshness due to strange tastes, smells in the cheese over the years) I can't see what the problem is- all the packaged cheese IS pasteurised!
    I miss oozy ripe brie and gorgeous blue vein and sashimi. I will have to make sure I don't eat too much brie when bubs is born!

Thanks
    Reviews

Salmon and sushi, sushi, sushi. Don't care about not having alcohol but salmon and sushi are my biggest weakness.

Thanks
    Reviews

Sushi
    Subway subs
    Kabana with cheese and crackers
    BBQ chicken

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: What will you eat after the baby arrives?! Any foods you are missing?

Can I ask why no one is eating subway or chicken? Have I missed something vital?

I haven't eaten the first, but I've definitely eaten chicken.

Sent from my HTC Salsa C510b using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by wigglemay View Post
    Can I ask why no one is eating subway or chicken? Have I missed something vital?

I haven't eaten the first, but I've definitely eaten chicken.

Sent from my HTC Salsa C510b using BubHub
    Cold cooked meat is a listeria risk if it hasn't been properly handled and refrigerated and eaten within 12 hours. So if you ate a chicken salad sandwich from a shop you don't know if the chicken is ok or not.

The PP who said no BBQ chicken - if you mean the hot ones from the supermarket, they're fine.

Thanks
    Reviews

I think it's the pre cut salads at subway that are the biggest risk. I know so many people that have had food poisoning from subway. I love it. Can't wait to have one when Bub is born but its one of the more important ones to avoid during pregnancy for me. We all risk different things I guess.