+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default I find myself wishing my DD would grow up

Im exactly the same OP! My besty loves newbies, but I love 6 months olds, and love love love 2 year olds!!!

My newborns have been fussy, spewy, screaming, never sleeping bundles of scaryness!!!!

I've had moments where I've felt guilty for not being more maternal towards small babies. So it's good to read here that I'm not the only one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

My kiddo had reflux/intolerance issues an was miserable pretty well 24/7. I spent virtually the first 12 months wishing he'd just grow up already and learn to talk so he could tell me what was wrong rather than the constant screaming which downgraded to crying which eventually downgraded to grizzling.

We are expecting our second and I have zero attachment to the baby phase, let alone the newborn phase. I happily fast forward the first year.

Folks say its such a short time in their lives. It's true. It is and that is why I don't feel bad for wanting to be through it. It's not like I dislike the entirety of childhood! Lol!

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm in that club!!! DD is already nearly 6 month and I still like to fast forward to at least 12 months. Yeah she can be super cute and I love her to bits but I hate that she has reflux, that she doesn't feed well, is hard to get to sleep in the day, I can't get her into a routine and most of the time I still can't work out if she's bored, tired, hungry, teething, uncomfortable etc.

I hate to take her for granted as she truly is a blessing and I'm lucky to be her mum, but I just wish I could relax a bit more and enjoy her.

So don't feel bad, I'd say most people feel like us, probably more people than let on. IMO, the only people to really enjoy it have really easy babies!

Thanks
    Reviews

Really? I loved my DD being little and would get sad when she would grow out of her little teeny tiny clothes... She grew out of the newborn stage so quickly!
    That's all I can say it'll go quickly!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by River Song View Post
    hug, i am the same...the older they get the more i enjoy parenting.

try not to feel bad, you clearly love then loads...it's ok to to like the early months!
    Same! DD is 10 months and this is the start of my favourite stage! I love looking back at the newborn pics of my kids but I don't miss it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

People who say "enjoy it, it goes so fast" are either trying to make you feel guilty, had amazing babies who slept through from 6 weeks old and hardly cried, or are too old to remember what it was really like and are being nostalgic through rose-coloured glasses.

Newborns are great, but they are hard, hard work. I'm not really looking forward to a newborn again, but I'm so, so excited about having another toddler. Since about 12 months I've gotten sad about how fast it's all going because I love this age, it's great!

I can't even remember most of the first 6 months of DS' life. It does get easier, and more fun, I promise.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to duckduckgoose For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (22-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I feel nostalgic when I look back but tbh it was so full on at the time, I just didn't enjoy it. She's 16 months now and it's a lot more fun. She's more interactive and we can have chats and she cuddles me and kisses me.

Don't feel bad for not enjoying it OP, it's not exactly fun dealing with sleep deprivation etc xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: I find myself wishing my DD would grow up

I felt that way all the way until this year.... Reason being my son starts prep next year and I know that from then on that's the beginning of the end :-( (as in, hes really growing up now!)

***Sent from my phone***