+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default I find myself wishing my DD would grow up

I don't want to feel this way but I really do not enjoy the baby stage and often wish my 6 week old DD could wake up and already be 6 months old. I don't think I enjoyed my DS really until he was about that old. I feel guilty cos they are only this small for a short time but I can't help the way I feel.

Me & DH +
    DS 2
    DD

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I didn't enjoy the teeny tiny baby phase either. You're not alone. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just take loads of photos so you can look back and remember it fondly when you're NOT exhausted and covered in spew.

I refer to the first 6-8 weeks as the survival period - it's all about just getting through it.

Don't feel guilty, totally normal. I see you already have a 2 yr old so that can't help either, pretty hard to find the time to enjoy your baby that just lies there like a lump when there is such a demanding (and far more fun) toddler nearby.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to grumpybump For This Useful Post:

MyFourCubs  (22-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Lol I'm the same - feel guilty for wishing away the newborn stage! It's lovely when you start seeing more personality shining through

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    hug, i am the same...the older they get the more i enjoy parenting.

try not to feel bad, you clearly love then loads...it's ok to to like the early months!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: I find myself wishing my DD would grow up

As everyone else has said, it's totally normal. Yes there are women out there who glow like the sun over those first 6 months (exactly what their on to stay alive is beyond me lol) and the only glow the rest of us have is that pretty neon baby poo colour

Just take loads of pics, I regret not doing that with my eldest, I got too caught up in the 'when will this end' moment that I neglected pics and now I only have about 4 pre-6 month pics of him.

Thanks
    Reviews

I was the same with my DS and he was my first. Now I wish the other way around :P lol

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: I find myself wishing my DD would grow up

Same OP, newborns are booooring! I always say I'd much prefer to not go through the pregnancy or first few months- a stork should just bring me a 6 month old. Don't feel bad about it, everyone has preferences for different ages. Lots of people find the toddler stage trying, but I love it.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I remember when I had PND just thinking 'please fastforward 12 months'.. I thought it wiht both of mine, but now they are 2 and 3 and I really miss them being little bubbas I could cuddle and who didn't back chat or scream at me or draw on my walls, or trash the house bhind me as I clean

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Normal. I remember wishing the exact same thing! It's an exhausting time so who wouldn't wish their time away a bit from time to time.