+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Not seeing eye to eye on donation

Hi All,

I have wanted to donate my eggs for quite awhile now as I fel my family is complete with my 3 beautiful litte chrubs.

However DP isnt quite on board with the whole idea. Hes not against it he just doesnt understand why I want to do it. I have explained to him that this is my "good deed" and I would like to help others experiance the joys (and frustrations) of parenthood.

From what I have been told, DP and I both would need to see a psych to assess if we r suitable for donation...Is this right? I cant see DP doing this if that is the case.

Has anyone experianced this? What happeded??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Your DP would have to agree and accept you donating in order for you to actually do it.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default a suggestion

Um do you have to say to the clinic you are married? I never confessed that i was married when donating for the same reason you have posted - i figured it is my body and i do with it what i want. The hospital knew i was married ( i had donated a bunch of times before meeting my hubby as well) but turned a blind eye. Can i suggest maybe your hubby read some experiences from donors or even he could chat to my husband about the whole thing if he likes ( or even myself) and that may help him sway your way. Inbox me if we can help in any way.
    Last edited by pisces00; 25-08-2012 at 07:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pisces00 View Post
    Um do you have to say to the clinic you are married?
    I'm sorry I think it's best to be honest and open with everyone involved, including the clinic!!!! They are not being nasty by making your DP agree, they have your best interests at heart. If your DP is against you donating it could or is going to cause friction and problems. I honestly think your DP should be involved in the counselling as it does affect him also.