+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Dropping kids at kindy

I'm curious.

This is the norm for us; I always walk ds to his classroom and do an activity with him, he will often show me his artwork or such hanging around the room, I am interested in what ds has been doing. The past few weeks they have been learning about dinosaurs, the weeks before that it was frogs etc. when I'm ready to go ds gives me a kiss and a cuddle and my last words are "I love you".

I note that many parents don't even walk their kids to the door, they drop them off at the gate, and I am in the minority that spend time with their child in the mornings and in particular kiss my child goodbye. I find it sad!

I mean, it's 4yr kindy not primary school!

Thanks
    Reviews
    don't they have to sign them in?

If not, i would not take it as lack of interest...maybe just really busy to rush around while their little one having a fun time and get some jobs done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know what you're saying but my DS didn't want me coming in (we had to sign in in a different room, lunch boxes etc were all done out there too). He just wanted to be let loose and now that he is at school he runs far away from me and god forbid you kiss him LOL. I would have happily stayed but he didn't want me too, I always went into the room but most I stayed was about 5 mins but he often was happy for me to look at things when I picked him up.
    Last edited by ICanDream; 22-08-2012 at 14:59.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

We have to take ours in and do certain jobs, class opens at 8:40 and we can't leave until 9.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

I walk DD in and if I have time then I'll stay and do a full activity with her, if not then I'll get her in the circle ready to start the day.
    I always walk her in and help her get her water bottle put in the right place and her piece of fruit in the fruit basket.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    It depends on the kid and the morning I've had with them. Dd1 loved me hanging around and showing me stuff she was doing. Sme days I felt like I couldn't get out of there. With dd2 she hates me leaving so wants to me go quickly and not drag it out. She knows she's going to get upset and just wants it over with so doesn't want me to be there. In her head it's as if the sooner I go the sooner I'll be back.

So it's not always straightforward.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I usually stay for around 10 mins and play before saying goodbye but not all parents have that luxury, some have to go to work straight after drop off so just bring the child in and leave pretty quickly. Some leave quickly because their child gets less upset that way.
    I don't understand leaving them at the gate? surely they need to go in so the teachers know the child is there and has been dropped off?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never had time to hang around - put her bag away, a quick kiss and see ya! I had to get to work. At the end of the day she was tired, I was tired and we both just wanted to get outta there and get home.

DD is in prep now and I'm not allowed to go into her classroom - they line up at the door and go in together.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Dropping kids at kindy

LOL I wish DS would acknowledge my existence when i drop him off! Actually DP does it 95% of the time, but DS races through the gate without so much as a seeya. I say hello to staff, put his bag away, sign him in, then have to chase him down to kiss him goodbye.
    I think dropping off at the gate is rude, regardless of sign in or whether your kid wants you to stay a while. I think it's only good manners to say good morning to the people who look after your kid all day, and sometimes they might need to speak to you about something.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

When dd1 was in kindy the teachers would like parents to do 3 activities with their child in the morning. Some parents wouldn't though but I always did.
    Even now in pre primary I stay and watch her do her name on the white board, then her name on the paper & help her find her morning activity.