+ Reply to Thread
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Unable to find IUD strings?

I had the mirena inserted on Saturday, we dtd on Sunday and when I asked DF if he could feel the strings he said he couldn't, well I've tried to find them this morning and I can't feel them?? I can *just* reach my cervix and I can't feel them coming out. I have passed a few large clots but have not had much bleeding, just the odd spotting when I wipe. Should I make a doctors appointment??

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

XH said he thought he could feel the strings the first time we dtd after having the mirena put in, but he couldn't be sure and had never felt them since then. I've never felt them though I haven't really tried.

I spoke to my ob about it and she said that the strings don't usually hang down but kind of stick up along the outside of the cervix.

If you want to have it checked out, I'd make an appointment but from my personal experience, it's not something I'd worry about.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks HugsBunny

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I've never been able to feel the strings of my iud ( have a copper one but strings are much the same I think) dp can sometimes feel them but not all the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't worry about it too much. My DH could feel mine at first and after nearly three years, i could no longer reach mine either. When I went to have it removed the GP was not able to find it, but the ob who put it in had no trouble locating and removing it. It's probably just the strings were cut too short, but it won't hurt you or decrease it's effectiveness.

Thanks
    Reviews

I had a mirena for awhile. When I wanted it out it took five drs and an ultrasound to get it out. I'd rather get it checked to be sure