+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Car to seat 3 child seats comfortably.

I have a Subaru forester (new model/shape) and I love it, however it doesn't sit three child seats comfortably. It does squeeze them in but now we are expecting another we are going to have to look at budgeting to afford a new car that fits us all much more comfortably. We travel a fair bit as well so need a good sized boot. I'm not afraid of 4x4's etc only their price lol

Any help will be very much appreciated

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Depends on your budget. We needed a 7 seater. We looked at kluger, prado, territory, Mazda cx9, and decided on Mazda cx9.
    Such a great car to drive and not to bulky like some of the other 4x4.

BoyCrazy is offline <MY SWEET BABY GIRL HARPER 9 MONTHS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i have a mazda 6 wagon..love it..it also fits 3 seats across the back.
    have heard the commodore is wide enough too.

BUT a cheaper option, is to replace the 3 kids seats with the narrowest ones on the market. IE infa secure, safe n sound deluxe

hope this helps!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Car to seat 3 child seats comfortably.

We've got a Holden Wagon and it fits all 3 carseats comfortably in the back. They're all big Babylove seats.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks guys. I am checking them all out. I'm inclined not to go for a car as such because I do a lot of highway driving and it's not the best highway.

So with that safety is a big must.

I have had a look at a Holden captiva online. It seems super cheap for being a 7 seater. What are some pro's and con's?

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews

My vz commodore fits 2 car seats and a booster seat in the back easy

Thanks
    Reviews

We just bought a statesman to fit the three seats better and gain a bit more boot room. Have a capsule and two booster type seats in the back. Bit more room than our commodore.

Thanks
    Reviews

I have 3 car seats in my Holden Astra- you don't need a huge car. There's a great guide on the NRMA website on fitting 3 restraints in cars- it lists all the different makes and models and gives fitting tips.
    My parents have a captiva and it fits 3 seats across. They bought it August last year and are thinking of getting rid of it- it guzzles fuel, is expensive to service and they've nicknamed it the crapriva!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If you do switch up from your forester to something like a Prado then please, for the love of god, make sure you can drive it properly.

The number of mums driving prados in an absolutely psychotic manner at Preschool pickup is horrifying. They seem to have no concept of where their car is on the road. And the parking! Argh, the lines are there for a reason ladies!!

They regularly nearly take out kids simply for lack of looking.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to WineTime For This Useful Post:

lulu21  (22-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by WineTime View Post
    If you do switch up from your forester to something like a Prado then please, for the love of god, make sure you can drive it properly.

The number of mums driving prados in an absolutely psychotic manner at Preschool pickup is horrifying. They seem to have no concept of where their car is on the road. And the parking! Argh, the lines are there for a reason ladies!!

They regularly nearly take out kids simply for lack of looking.
    Lol sounds like my mum. We were thinking Prado too.

I in a small country town of 3000 people I wouldn't say I am the best driver but I definitely can drive a 4x4 (learnt to drive in one) and reversing is my specialty hubby has a landcruiser ute so I'm sure I will be fine, thanks for the tip though for sure

I need lots of idea's we can either buy a more expensive car or finish the renovations to our house that would be lovely with our growing family and have a larger car that's not as expensive.

So finding the right car for the right price is the big task rrr