+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Classes for toddlers?

DS is 18 months and I havent been taking him to any groups or classes at all. Hes getting very bored playing at home all the time (we do take him to parks and shops and etc). I have noticed when he is around other toddlers he seems very shy and would stare at them, find them amusing and doesnt really know how to interact with them.

So apart from playgroups, what other classes/groups or out door activities do you do with your toddler?

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We do :
    Montessori playgroup
    mothers group
    toddler jjam
    swimming llessons
    We also go to rhyme time at the library
    and DD also goes to crèche while im at tge gym & 1 day of day care

We used to do gymbaroo but have stopped

Thanks
    Reviews

We do swimming, playgroup, mainly music and kangabop (kindergym).

Mainly music is great and cheap and salvo run check to see if there's one in your area. The kindergym is done through our local Pcyc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    We've done a mix of things over the years. Dance classes, music, gymnastics, play group, rhyme time at the library. At the moment DS is doing gym on Tuesdays and Suzuki music classes on Fridays. He's a nightmare at the library so we've dropped that for the time being. At that age it can be trial and error but you might have to stick with an activity for quite a few weeks to get a feel for whether you both like it. All 3 of my kids have been very different in terms if what they liked at that age.

Thanks
    Reviews

At the moment DD goes to Rhymetime at the local library, Mother's group, playgroup, Mainly music, music class at the University and swimming lessons. She has one thing every morning (except Saturdays) to keep her (and me!) from getting bored!

Sometimes she goes to Toddler Gym but not every week. She used to do signing classes but we've stopped that now.

Thanks
    Reviews

I work 2 days a week so dd2 goes to daycare on those days. Thursdays we do Toddler Gym at a local lesuire centre. Next year we'll commence a structured Playgroup at a pre-Kindy programme.

Thanks
    Reviews
    There are toddler programs at most museums, I know there a great ones in Sydney if your in Sydney check out the Australian museum and the powerhouse museum .

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 19 month old goes to Playgroup, Gymnastics and 'Giggle and Wiggle' at the local library. On top of that we go to the zoo, parks and other places where there are little people for him to play with most days of the week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a 3.5 year old and a 22month old. For ages now we've been doing Swimming Lesson, Mainly music, Mothers Group. At some stage they've both done gymbaroo and we go to the park a lot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

with my 2 year old ( host kid ) we go to gymnastics class, rhyme tome at library, a class at the indoor playground and to little dance