+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default I think I've decided to have an elective c!

Hi,

I am 38w preg and I've been saying from the start that I want a vbac - I have a supportive on and husband who are happy for me to go either way. Today something dawned on me that I'm just not prepared to take the risks associated with vbac, so I'm going to let my on know at Thursday's appt that I've changed my mind.
    I hope I don't end up regretting this, but I just have a feeling I'm meant to have a c sec and I would be worrying about a rupture more than anything else during labour instead of taking in the experience.
    Ii have a 19 month old daughter and I am feeling as though I'm letting her down by choosing surgery as
    going to be useless to her for a while - and we co sleep which makes it even harder
    any words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the love
    I have been scheduled for a c section tomorrow , 38 + 4, hopefully bubs will be ok with it. Obstetrician measured bubs quite big and said my pelvis was quite tight so he agreed a vbac may have ended up in emergency Caesarian anyway. I guess I don't feel as guilty now
    all the best to the rest of the mums to be out there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Hope it all goes well tomorrow, just think before you know it you'll have a lovely new bubba in your arms and you won't care in the slightest how they got there

Thanks
    Reviews

All the best for tomorrow! And congrats in advance!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Good luck for tomorrow!

In regards to your original post that you thought you were letting your daughter down, I totally disagree - I think that by recognizing the risk associated with VBAC you are doing everything you can to keep safe for your daughter...

Hope it all goes well xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Well done! What a powerful moment to make a decision based on what you feel is right for you!
    I'm sure it will go just perfectly.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

lovelymum  (23-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Good luck!

I am sure all will go well.

I think you are doing the right thing listening to your instincts.
    If you are feeling like c-section is the right way to go you should definitely do it!

As for the co sleeping, can she sleep with your partner and you in a separate bed, or push a small bed/cot next to your bed so she's with you but in her own space?

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Good luck for tomorrow!

Thanks
    Reviews

Good luck I hope it all goes well!!
    I can't believe you got no replies!!!

I know exactly how you feel though about being torn! I have had 4 c sections 2 emergency and 2 elective!! My second emergency was ment to be a vbac but ended in a emergency and the emotions I felt afterwards were very hard! It took me a long time to get my head around it!! And in the end wished I had actually booked then c section instead of going through all those hours of labour and then ended up in theatre again ;( I felt like a failure!!
    At the end of the day it's up to the individual how they wish to go. And everyones experience of vbac is different successful or not.

I hope tomorrow is a positive experience for you!! Keep yourself focused on meeting your beautiful bundle!
    I know that can be hard, I was petrified the morning of my first elective and couldn't even dress myself. But I enjoyed my experience and couldn't believe that I was so scared!

Look forward to hearing about your experience and hope you and bub have a happy and safe delivery!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck! I am sure it will all go well.