+ Reply to Thread
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default xmas present ideas please!?

Im trying to get a head start on my xmas shopping this year as baby #2 is due christmas day.
    What would you get a 20mth old girl? and a Newborn baby boy for his bday/xmas??
    A friend of mine is getting her dd who's the same age a swing set, trampoline, rocking horse and a paint eisel amongst other things. I dont want to do the 'big' presents yet. Not while i can still get away with little things for cheap lol. She has a birthday a month after xmas so i really dont wanna go over board but still want thoughtful and special things for her.
    So far im thinking a sturdy wooden cradle/highchair set and a doll? seeing as she's becomming a big sister i'd make a theme??
    What do 20 mth olds play with?
    I have no ideas for my newborn boy tho

Any genius ideas?

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default xmas present ideas please!?

I think the doll accessories is a great idea :-) then she can look after her baby too :-)
    Your little guy maybe a little rattle? Something he will grow into? I bought DS the fisher price kitchen for his first Christmas, it was great because he had it when he got to 6 months and there was no 'reason' to get big things like that, and even at 3 months he was smiling at it lol he still loves it! Also maybe some board books that have the black white and red patterns in them? I think that are out by baby touch? That way he will focus on them from tiny?
    I hope this helps :-) good luck :-)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bubbabailey For This Useful Post:

Hunkamunka  (21-08-2012)

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think for a first Christmas it's nice to get a life long keepsake, especially as they have no clue... then yeah, maybe a cool rattle.

If you're getting her a special doll maybe look at something handmade with natural fibres like a Waldorf doll (see Etsy), they can be quite exxy, but are such special dolls. DD 16mo is getting a new one this month, I might wrap it up for Christmas if I can resist.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

Hunkamunka  (21-08-2012)