Closed Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    So now you are dictating what should and shouldn't offend people? Okaaay...

I think it's disgusting to insinuate that women make it up. Whether it's five women you are referring to or 500 - it's offensive to anyone who has been raped. It is a perfect example of why so many rapes go unreported.

I think its naive to consider everyone tells the truth all the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    If I sleep with someone and invite them to sleep the night I have NOT given them permission to have sex with me again. I have given them permission to sleep in my bed. It's very very different.

I'm going to dehumanise this, sorry to anyone who this is very personal to, the analogy may be hurtful a little... To say the opposite sounds to me like if you allowed someone to borrow your car to go to a meeting. They then take the car, drive around australia for 5months and bring it back. Cause you know, you let them take the keys...

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Izy For This Useful Post:

Laydeebugxxx  (21-08-2012),Witwicky  (21-08-2012),WorkingClassMum  (21-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rbottom View Post
    And if a persons conscious decision is that they are having consensual sex and are then told later 'NO you raped me' What then?
    Maybe men should know who they're climbing into bed with then. Maybe a man ought to consider the dangers of climbing into bed and having sex with someone he doesn't know very well. Maybe he ought to get to know a womans mind before he gets up close and into her vagina. A man should be of the highest possible moral integrity so that he doesn't get blamed for a heinous act.

Jeesz sounds sexist when the blame is all placed onto a man doesn't it?..?
    Last edited by WorkingClassMum; 21-08-2012 at 20:34.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (21-08-2012),intruderalert1234  (21-08-2012),Lillynix  (21-08-2012),misskittyfantastico  (21-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    And if a persons conscious decision is that they are having consensual sex and are then told later 'NO you raped me' What then?[/INDENT][/FONT]
    [/COLOR]
    That doesn't make any sense.
    I'm not stupid, I know that there are cases where people have lied about being raped.
    But I will always, ALWAYS believe a woman who says she has been raped, because the statistics are unbelievably high, and because it is ABSOLUTELY wrong to disregard the majority who are telling the truth and trying to be heard just because of a few liars.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bookwormmum For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (21-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bookwormmum View Post
    That doesn't make any sense.
    I'm not stupid, I know that there are cases where people have lied about being raped.
    But I will always, ALWAYS believe a woman who says she has been raped, because the statistics are unbelievably high, and because it is ABSOLUTELY wrong to disregard the majority who are telling the truth and trying to be heard just because of a few liars.

It makes plenty of sense to me.

It also worries me that people like you feel so free to put my opinions down when in actuality you should be looking at the people you really have the problem with and thats the women who lie about rape, just as the one in this case is, I believe. Maybe if you directed your disgust and anger at these liars you would see that I am directing my own disgust and anger to the liars and I am not insulting actual rape victims or victim blaming or anything else I have been accused of in this thread!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No I'm pretty sure it's people like you who I have a problem with.

You said:

Originally Posted by Witwicky
    So that means if I invite a man over for a one night stand, my body is no longer mine for the night? He can just continue having sex with me all night long even if I have had enough and want to stop? WTF

Oh yeah. That exactly! If you dont want it, dont invite a man to stay in your bed. If you do wake up and he is penetrating you and you dont like it, tell him to stop, get out of the bed or ask him to leave.

That is insulting rape victims. That is victim blaming. Explain to me how waking up to a man penetrating you when you do not want to be penetrated is not rape.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bookwormmum For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (21-08-2012),Witwicky  (21-08-2012),WorkingClassMum  (21-08-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm so sorry White Tulips

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    ETA: White Tulips

If a rape victim is 100% certain in her belief that she was raped then my comments should not offend her.
    I'm 100% certain that I was raped, still offended by your comments.

I am not insulting actual rape victims or victim blaming or anything else I have been accused of in this thread!
    Yes, you are. You have been told multiple times by several different people that you are being offensive and insulting to people who have been raped. Why are you not getting this?

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ana Gram For This Useful Post:

bookwormmum  (21-08-2012),misskittyfantastico  (21-08-2012),Witwicky  (21-08-2012),WorkingClassMum  (21-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    This thread is a really sobering read.
    Much love to all that have been hurt, triggered and offended

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (21-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Wdyt? Sex with sleeping woman not rape? *trigger warning*

Julian Assange is wanted for questioning in Sweden. That is all as far as I'm aware, no charges have been laid.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (21-08-2012)

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast