Closed Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rbottom View Post
    I am not being disrespectful to all rape victims or victim blaming I am saying that in this instance NO I dont consider it rape. I do, however, wonder about how many times the same thing has happened to other men, who thinking the entire thing was a one night stand then get slapped with a rape case because they didnt call the woman back. There are some very bitter unstable people out there in the big wide world who would pull stuff like that to suit their own ends. They are disrespectful to rape victims, not me.
    Please re-read everything you have written in this thread. You have been disrespectful to rape victims.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ana Gram For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (21-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Exactly! I am talking about THIS SITUATION! This woman is obviously after all she can get from the famous man who didnt want more than a one night stand with her.

I am not being disrespectful to all rape victims or victim blaming I am saying that in this instance NO I dont consider it rape. .
    You almost had me

I do, however, wonder about how many times the same thing has happened to other men, who thinking the entire thing was a one night stand then get slapped with a rape case because they didnt call the woman back. There are some very bitter unstable people out there in the big wide world who would pull stuff like that to suit their own ends. They are disrespectful to rape victims, not me.

And there you go, there's the big BUT.

Less than 10% of sexual assault victims report their assualt, of those less than 10% of those reports end up in charges being laid and of that less than 10% of those end up in a conviction and of that less than 10% do time in prison.

I expect that along this ardous process any person who cries false rape gets found out very quickly and would be in the exeme minority.

But go ahead, continue to blame victims and suggest you've been offended somehow.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

Lillynix  (21-08-2012),Witwicky  (21-08-2012)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Wdyt? Sex with sleeping woman not rape? *trigger warning*

Quote Originally Posted by Janesmum123 View Post
    Did she tell him to stop?
    She proudly went to the net to brag about how awesome it was.
    Then continued to send him text msgs wanting to see him again.
    She had no issue with what happened until he didn't want to see her again.
    How do you know what conversations they had? How do you know what they told each other? You where not there.
    Its speculation.

Both women where so traumatised by the events that they needed to contact a newspaper to find out exactly how much damage they could cause.

There is no way in hell I will ever believe these women where raped and it's an absolute disgrace to actual rape victims.
    Were YOU there?

As WCM stated, this is yet to trial, so why the intense victim blaming?

The point I am making regarding continuous sexual intercourse without consent seems to be well and truly lost.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

Lillynix  (21-08-2012),NancyBlackett  (21-08-2012)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Exactly! I am talking about THIS SITUATION! This woman is obviously after all she can get from the famous man who didnt want more than a one night stand with her.

I am not being disrespectful to all rape victims or victim blaming I am saying that in this instance NO I dont consider it rape. I do, however, wonder about how many times the same thing has happened to other men, who thinking the entire thing was a one night stand then get slapped with a rape case because they didnt call the woman back. There are some very bitter unstable people out there in the big wide world who would pull stuff like that to suit their own ends. They are disrespectful to rape victims, not me.
    You stated this earlier:

"I believe the word Rape is thrown around all too often to suit covering up for bad decisions these days".

Do you REALLY think that's being respectful of rape victims?

Oh and I would appreciate it if you didn't roll your eyes at me. It's childish and unnecessary.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

And there are some very unstable people in the world whose disgusting attitudes contribute to the victim blaming, sl*t shaming mentality of our society that seems to find some great thrill in kicking a woman who has had her body and her soul forever violated while she's down.

And yeah you are being really disrespectful to rape victims, especially when you said a man continuing to have sex with a woman when she doesn't want to anymore ISNT RAPE. Seriously.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bookwormmum For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (21-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Obviously I don't know the specifics oc the trial in question, nor do ANY of us. But the comments made in regards to a woman who has consensual sex then wakes to find the man having sex with her again- and this NOT being rape, are revolting.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Annabella For This Useful Post:

Lillynix  (21-08-2012),NancyBlackett  (21-08-2012),Witwicky  (21-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    Were YOU there?

As WCM stated, this is yet to trial, so why the intense victim blaming?

The point I am making regarding continuous sexual intercourse without consent seems to be well and truly lost.
    Well I have read the evidence.
    You stated that she didn't want the act to continue which is not the case.
    Thats what I was referring to.

I don't blame victims. I just don't believe these women where victims and I have a right to say that without being afraid of having my words twisted or being attacked.

Im saying we shouldn't use this case as an example.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Janesmum123 For This Useful Post:

Rbottom  (21-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Janesmum123 View Post
    Well I have read the evidence.
    You stated that she didn't want the act to continue which is not the case.
    Thats what I was referring to.

I don't blame victims. I just don't believe these women where victims and I have a right to say that without being afraid of having my words twisted or being attacked.

Im saying we shouldn't use this case as an example.
    You have read the media reports. Not the evidence in the case. He hasn't been tried yet.

I get that people admire him because of his wiki leaks stuff, but that doesn't change the general principle that when a woman has withdrawn consent or hasn't given it in the first place it is rape.
    Last edited by NancyBlackett; 21-08-2012 at 19:43.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (21-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassMum View Post
    You almost had me

And there you go, there's the big BUT.

Less than 10% of sexual assault victims report their assualt, of those less than 10% of those reports end up in charges being laid and of that less than 10% of those end up in a conviction and of that less than 10% do time in prison.

I expect that along this ardous process any person who cries false rape gets found out very quickly and would be in the exeme minority.

But go ahead, continue to blame victims and suggest you've been offended somehow.

Oh lordy! I am NOT, I repeat NOT saying ALL rape victims are lying and making it up. I am saying however that there are silly people out there who DO make it up to suit their own agenda or because they feel they have been wronged by the man and want to get him back. To deny that there are people out there capable of this is naive.

But go ahead and read what ever it is you want from my posts to suit your particular agenda.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

I'm being disrespectful to you because I think the women in this case are full of it?? OK didnt know you were so closely involved in it.
    You know... It's quite possible they are full of it. If rumors are true about them contacting Assange after the fact, bragging after the fact etc are true then yeah they are full of it. I think Assange is a turd but I'm 50-50 betting they are full of it.

However at the moment there are so many rumours flying around none of us really know what happened. So it's possible they are lying, but it's possible Assange assaulted them too.

As for thinking it's not rape if a one night stand sticks his penis into your vagina while you're asleep (because you let him sleep in the bed after consensual sex)... I think that's absurd. I know you said you dont mind if your husband wakes you up that way (not just fondling, sticking it in). But i believe you are in the minority .

Regardless the law says its rape.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Izy  (21-08-2012),NancyBlackett  (21-08-2012)

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast