Closed Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Wdyt? Sex with sleeping woman not rape? *trigger warning*

Who actually wants to have sex with someone who is asleep??

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry, but she had just met the man, took him home, shagged him, and allowed him to sleep in her bed. If she didn't want anymore action, or to give him the idea that anymore action was acceptable she should have asked him to leave after the first session.

That is IF and its a BIG if, any of this happened in the first place.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Sex without consent is rape...she was asleep and therefore she wasn't given the opportunity to say yes or no = rape. I'm guessing they had no prior agreements regarding sex & sleep, given their short acquaintance.

Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassMum View Post
    Unless a person consents, is in a condition to consent, is old enough to consent and is in a condition to also say 'Stop' or 'No more' then it's rape.

If the sex act starts consensually and one partner passes out say due to alcohol, drugs, a medical condition or any other reason, then for sex to continue is also rape.

This UK idiot has a good friend in the USA politician who declared that women crarely conceive during rape and therefore there is no good reason for an abortion.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/851...-us-politician
    Ugh I read that today. That man is not with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyBlackett View Post
    Who actually wants to have sex with someone who is asleep??

Really? I love being woke by my partner this way!!! Doesnt happen so much now we have children, but pre kids it was probably the most popular time of the day for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rbottom View Post
    I'm sorry, but she had just met the man, took him home, shagged him, and allowed him to sleep in her bed. If she didn't want anymore action, or to give him the idea that anymore action was acceptable she should have asked him to leave after the first session.

Sleeping with him once doesn't = consent for him to have sex with her in her sleep
    Sleeping in the same bed does not = consent to sex

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

charula  (21-08-2012),intruderalert1234  (21-08-2012)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews

So that means if I invite a man over for a one night stand, my body is no longer mine for the night? He can just continue having sex with me all night long even if I have had enough and want to stop? WTF

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

charula  (21-08-2012),Izy  (21-08-2012),~ElectricPink~  (21-08-2012)

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    .... firstly I agree - man is an idiot.

I think if the woman (or man) says it was rape in that scenario it was rape. There was no consent given. Sex once with someone does not mean they belong to you at any time.

But I can understand a man (or woman) might think its a bit fun to wake their lover through lovemaking and it could be totally acceptable in their relationship.

But seriously not without discussing ahead of time that it would be wanted... because you can't know what another person would consider acceptable with their body.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    this! and my dh is used to putting the 'moves' on me when im asleep can have 3 outcomes; 1'buggger off!' 2'just have to pee and ill be back' and 3 'hello sailor!'
    1 is most likely these days haha, but hes used to that.
    and I have also explicitly given him 'permission' to wake me if frisky, as long as hes aware he might get rejected

Thanks
    Reviews

Really? I love being woke by my partner this way!!! Doesnt happen so much now we have children, but pre kids it was probably the most popular time of the day for us.
    Woken by him actually going for it or wanting to go for it? There's a big different IMO.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    So that means if I invite a man over for a one night stand, my body is no longer mine for the night? He can just continue having sex with me all night long even if I have had enough and want to stop? WTF

Oh yeah. That exactly! If you dont want it, dont invite a man to stay in your bed. If you do wake up and he is penetrating you and you dont like it, tell him to stop, get out of the bed or ask him to leave. But calling rape... seriously.

I believe the word Rape is thrown around all too often to suit covering up for bad decisions these days.

Sorry if my opinion doesnt fit in with everyone else's, but I have every right to it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyBlackett View Post
    Woken by him actually going for it or wanting to go for it? There's a big different IMO.

Both!