Closed Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Wdyt? Sex with sleeping woman not rape? *trigger warning*

Tmi lol

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by Nomsie View Post
    Ugh- despicable things to say from men who ought to know better.

Lets call it what it is. Rape.

ETA going on from Boobycino's point about it being fun to wake up a lover with sex.. that may be so, but you would only do it with a person whom you had known for some time, and whom you would have some idea about whether or not this behaviour would be ok with them.. not some woman you met hours before...
    Yes, this!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I would be appalled if I woke up to find my partner using my body for his own sexual gratification. It is ONLY okay, IMO, if the people involved speak about it beforehand and decide that having sex with one of them is sleeping is okay... though that can still get messy, because what if you have an arguement and are angry at the person... you might turn them down for sex, but because you've previously said "it's okay for you to eff me while I sleep," it's suddenly okay again? I think it could get difficult in those instances.

In ANY other instance though, it is not okay. At all. Ever. I will never say "do me while I sleep," to ANYONE and if they did, I would be horrified and disgusted.

I understand "implied consent," because I certainly don't say, "yes, let's have sex," to DP every single time we do... but how can a sleeping person imply they're okay with it? They're sleeping... they don't even know what's happening and have no chance to imply they're okay with things going that way...

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Wdyt? Sex with sleeping woman not rape? *trigger warning*

Quote Originally Posted by Nomsie View Post
    Ugh- despicable things to say from men who ought to know better.

Lets call it what it is. Rape.

ETA going on from Boobycino's point about it being fun to wake up a lover with sex.. that may be so, but you would only do it with a person whom you had known for some time, and whom you would have some idea about whether or not this behaviour would be ok with them.. not some woman you met hours before...
    Totally agree. I'd think even a long term partner should outright ask "what would you think/feel if I did *exactly this* while you were sleeping, would that be okay" and 100% respect their answer.

I guess I meant was that scenario wouldn't *always* be rape, but if the person who was asleep hadn't consented and said it was rape then it was rape.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

I wonder if the MP would be ok with being woken from a sleep by his mistress sticking something up his pooper? Not meaning to be disgusting, just wondering if the idiot has thought about applying his own rules to himself.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Izy  (21-08-2012),Jennaisme  (21-08-2012),Laydeebugxxx  (21-08-2012),WhiteTulips  (21-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

George galloway is a bit of an idiot anyway tbh I would never listen to a thing he said! He was on UK celeb BB in 2006 and acted out being a cat.... (it can be found on YouTube) he's just looking for attention and this is a disgusting way to get it

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I agree that it is rape to have sex with someone who was sleeping. I do question though whether Julian (whatshisname) did it in a heinous manner. I haven't followed the story following him etc, but perhaps he may have honestly thought what he was doing was harmless iykwim.. I am not excusing his actions I just wonder if maybe he thought she would enjoy being woken up that way??? In any case the woman felt violated so it needs to be addressed by the authorities.

When I was about 14 I had a bf. I had just gotten home from work late one night and he came over. I fell asleep on the lounge because I was tired and woke up to his p.enis in my mouth. He just said "I warned you not to fall asleep". He thought it was ok and exciting,I on the otherhand was tired and it made me feel like crap.. but I didn't think it was rape... I guess it wasn't intercourse though... But my point is he didn't think it was harmful and I thought it was gross...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

In *my* situation OH and I wouldn't mind waking up to that. But we wouldn't just you know, jump on and go for gold. I also know for a fact that if one of us wasn't into it or didn't want to the other would be fine about it.

That being said regardless of whether or not the person is someone you are in a relationship with sex without consent is rape. And sadly alot of women in relationships don't realise this.

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Unless you have an arrangement with a partner which you have discussed previously, then sex with someone who is sleeping is rape. But it is something that needs to be continually discussed in a partnership to make sure everything is still fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Unless a person consents, is in a condition to consent, is old enough to consent and is in a condition to also say 'Stop' or 'No more' then it's rape.

If the sex act starts consensually and one partner passes out say due to alcohol, drugs, a medical condition or any other reason, then for sex to continue is also rape.

This UK idiot has a good friend in the USA politician who declared that women crarely conceive during rape and therefore there is no good reason for an abortion.

First of all, from what I understand from doctors, (pregnancy from rape) is really rare," Akin told KTVI television in an interview widely distributed by Democrats. "If it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down."
    http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/851...-us-politician