Closed Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Wdyt? Sex with sleeping woman not rape? *trigger warning*

***trigger warning***

Article here http://m.smh.com.au/world/assange-fu...821-24jae.html

Maverick British MP George Galloway has come under fire after reportedly claiming that a rape allegation against WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange had no basis because having sex with a woman when she is asleep is not rape.
    Mr Galloway's comments were made in a weekly online video broadcast presented by the MP for Bradford West in northern England.
    According to a report in The Guardian, Mr Galloway addresses himself to the allegations of rape, sexual molestation and unlawful coercion made by two women - known as woman A and woman B - whom Mr Assange met in Stockholm in August 2010.

"Even taken at its worst, if the allegations made by these two women were true, 100 per cent true, and even if a camera in the room captured them, they don't constitute rape," Mr Galloway reportedly said. "At least not rape as anyone with any sense can possibly recognise it. And somebody has to say this.
    "Woman A met Julian Assange, invited him back to her flat, gave him dinner, went to bed with him, had consensual sex with him, claims that she woke up to him having sex with her again. This is something which can happen, you know. I mean, not everybody needs to be asked prior to each insertion."
    Lawyers and anti-rape campaigners have reacted with outrage at the comments.

Mr Galloway's comments follow those last week of US Republican Senate nominee from Missouri, Todd Akin, who caused uproar by saying that women's bodies can prevent pregnancies in "a legitimate rape".
    After a Republican backlash, including two Senators who suggested he quit his run for office, Mr Akin later clarified his comments. "Let me be clear," he said. "Rape is never legitimate. It's an evil act that's committed by violent predators. I used the wrong words in the wrong way."
    He added: "I also know that people do become pregnant from rape. I didn't mean to imply that that wasn't the case." He also said that he wanted to apologise "to those that I have hurt".
    - with The New York Times

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well if I woke to find my DP having sex with me I wouldnt complain (much lol) but I know people on here count it as rape.

Harder to say because they just had sex and he just did it again after she had enugh and went to sleep. I guess it could be considered rape because she didnt concent the second time.

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

The man is a frigging idiot..

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Myztik For This Useful Post:

NancyBlackett  (21-08-2012),Veve  (21-08-2012),Witwicky  (21-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

If I woke up to find my husband having sex with me while
    I was asleep I would smack him in the mouth!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to StormAngel For This Useful Post:

SassyMummy  (21-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Wdyt? Sex with sleeping woman not rape? *trigger warning*

.... firstly I agree - man is an idiot.

I think if the woman (or man) says it was rape in that scenario it was rape. There was no consent given. Sex once with someone does not mean they belong to you at any time.

But I can understand a man (or woman) might think its a bit fun to wake their lover through lovemaking and it could be totally acceptable in their relationship.

But seriously not without discussing ahead of time that it would be wanted... because you can't know what another person would consider acceptable with their body.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Ugh- despicable things to say from men who ought to know better.

Lets call it what it is. Rape.

ETA going on from Boobycino's point about it being fun to wake up a lover with sex.. that may be so, but you would only do it with a person whom you had known for some time, and whom you would have some idea about whether or not this behaviour would be ok with them.. not some woman you met hours before...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

Izy  (21-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think, if priorly discussed, it can be a fun way to wake your partner up.
    For me, it would be rape, because there is never consent given to have sex, or touch me in any sexual way when I'm asleep.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jennaisme For This Useful Post:

Izy  (21-08-2012)

GluttonForPunishment is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Optimistic Poster and Newbie of the Year Awards
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sex without consent is r@pe. You need to be awake to give consent. Therefore, sex with a sleeping person is r@pe.

As to the waking a partner up, surely you'd wake them up with some caressing, or some petting or light, sensual stroking. Not with a p3nis shoved in you at 6am. How bl00dy romantic.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GluttonForPunishment For This Useful Post:

CluckySC  (21-08-2012),Izy  (21-08-2012),Lillynix  (21-08-2012),SassyMummy  (21-08-2012)

missybubble is offline I'm a strange one, but I'm good at it :)
    Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by GluttonForPunishment View Post
    Sex without consent is r@pe. You need to be awake to give consent. Therefore, sex with a sleeping person is r@pe.

As to the waking a partner up, surely you'd wake them up with some caressing, or some petting or light, sensual stroking. Not with a p3nis shoved in you at 6am. How bl00dy romantic.
    This exactly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I can't believe anyone wouldn't see that as rape, there was no consent - that is rape!
    Disgusting.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast