+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default So underexcited (a mini vent)

Yeah even I don't see the point in going 4wding with an auto.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by River Song View Post
    ok, i am confused then...because you complained about not getting anything lol
    I did say it was a first world problem lol. I get new things, clothes etc I guess part of the problem is I can't justify major new things for myself. I find it hard to spend money on me, I'll grab stuff and put it back I have to force myself to buy anything but the necessary things.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (21-08-2012),waitsee  (21-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    Yeah even I don't see the point in going 4wding with an auto.
    Not sure what you mean by this? I'm no expert but as I said before I know people from a 4wd club and the ones who have autos go all the same places as the others.

I'm interested as we are looking for a 4wd to buy soon and we are getting an auto and dh will be going on 4wd trips.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to austmum For This Useful Post:

MINIRoo  (22-08-2012)

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by austmum View Post
    Not sure what you mean by this? I'm no expert but as I said before I know people from a 4wd club and the ones who have autos go all the same places as the others.

I'm interested as we are looking for a 4wd to buy soon and we are getting an auto and dh will be going on 4wd trips.

From the ppl i know who go 4wd half the fun is the gear chaning/controlling/picking the right speed, traction etc etc.

I guess kinda like you wouldn't tell a formula one drive to drive an auto - they control every aspect of the car including the gears?

I have never driven myself only been in teh car with them, but they seem to put alot of thought into which gear/configuration they will use and then after the bit they 4wd they assess their decison and pick something to alter and hten do it again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You could always get a 4wd with both manual and auto options, our pajero has that and honestly it is as good as the manuals when it is in auto when it comes to 4wding. Unless your dh is going to chuck on some super shockies and a lift kit on it then I don't see why it would matter about the finer points of 4wding like traction(some of the new 4wds have a traction reading on the dash anyway so no need to guess) if your only going to have some fun and considering it is the family car( presume the kids will be going on these 4wd trips too) and new then your hardly going to want to thrash it out in the bush so I think the reason for a manual is a bit lame lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttoneska View Post
    From the ppl i know who go 4wd half the fun is the gear chaning/controlling/picking the right speed, traction etc etc.

I guess kinda like you wouldn't tell a formula one drive to drive an auto - they control every aspect of the car including the gears ?
    A formula 1 car is an auto and so are a lot of high performance cars. What sort of 4wd is he getting thermo?
    Last edited by lulu 2; 21-08-2012 at 15:47.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by austmum View Post

My 4wd is auto and we go off road heaps in it with no issues. the transmission can be used as a manual as well as an auto.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Yes he is a die-hard 4wder don't even mention auto and 4wd in the same sentence. Autos are not the same there is more electrical bits and pieces that break you can't take them as deep into water, you can't control them as well in his opinion.

He is buying a landrover defender (we are selling a landrover discovery).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    I did say it was a first world problem lol. I get new things, clothes etc I guess part of the problem is I can't justify major new things for myself. I find it hard to spend money on me, I'll grab stuff and put it back I have to force myself to buy anything but the necessary things.
    then i stand by my suggestion to look at why you don't think you deserve new things or treats but, totally respect the first world vent lol

12. The Following User Says Thank You to River Song For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (21-08-2012)

missybubble is offline I'm a strange one, but I'm good at it :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I understand where you're coming from! I can't drive a manual either and last time I tried I snapped the rear axle (it was only hanging on by a thread so it would've happened at some point anyway, I just encouraged it lol.) So yeah I'm not keen to try again!