+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default So underexcited (a mini vent)

So you'd think I'd be excited, trading in our current 4WD getting a newer one with more room, DF's dream car and apart from one tiny debt we will now be debt free.

But I'm just going to have a mini vent that it's a car I can't drive. I have tried learning to drive a manual I just can't do it, I have fried 2 clutches trying to learn it's just not within my capabilities. So instead of investing this money into a car we can both drive I'm stuck driving my crappy $4000 bomb. Much like I am stuck using the crappy broken laptop while hubby gets a shiny new one, ok well we bought a temporary one that hubby is currently using until he can buy another new one, then I get the slightly new used one. You get the point.

How come I get all the crappy used ****? Am I not worth more? Ok I probably shouldn't be basing my worth on **** like this but it gets old after a while. He is walking around like a chuffed school boy wondering why I am not he least bit excited actually he is sort of confused I think because I am constantly whining about our current 4WD being too small and this one is much more roomier.

Plus it's bright red, a huge red 4WD, wont miss us a mile away

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Excuse my totally first world problem.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i'd be throwing a tanty over the laptop...i would get the newest one lol

As for the car...learn to drive a manual!!

I would also be insisting on some good stuff for you. I also used to always get 2nd best, my exh always get the best, i got the left overs. It wasn't until my current DH bought me new things and I was shocked, that I realised it was a long term issue.

I was the youngest child, always got hand me downs. I was the youngest cousin etc etc.

If you want to change things, it is going to take you changing your expectations

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I understand, my hubby always seems to be buying tools that I have no use with and then wonders why I don't walk around on cloud 9 with him.

HUGS

Maybe its time to get something special just for you...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why can't he get an auto 4wd? I would be furious if dh bought a car without considering me. Lol he still hears on a weekly basis about how I don't like the stereo he bought over a year ago without consulting me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'd probably buy a manual if DH couldn't drive manual, just so I get exclusive use of it. I hate how he leaves my car (but we're a one car family and he's been driving trucks since he was a kid, so manual car's are no issue).

DH also isn't allowed to use my laptop, he has a dinosaur laptop and an iPad.

So I guess I'm the meany like your hubby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by River Song View Post
    i'd be throwing a tanty over the laptop...i would get the newest one lol

As for the car...learn to drive a manual!!

I would also be insisting on some good stuff for you. I also used to always get 2nd best, my exh always get the best, i got the left overs. It wasn't until my current DH bought me new things and I was shocked, that I realised it was a long term issue.

I was the youngest child, always got hand me downs. I was the youngest cousin etc etc.

If you want to change things, it is going to take you changing your expectations
    I don't see the need for me to have a new laptop all I use it for is bubhub/facebook/games and basic documents. Plus I have the ipad already. I have tried to learn to drive a manual, we have spent so much money on replacing 2 clutches because I have broken them it's just something I can't get I do get new things just yeah, nothing major.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttoneska View Post
    I understand, my hubby always seems to be buying tools that I have no use with and then wonders why I don't walk around on cloud 9 with him.

HUGS

Maybe its time to get something special just for you...
    Yanno I can't actually think of anything I want for me, a new car but there isn't really anything wrong with my car.
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu 2 View Post
    Why can't he get an auto 4wd? I would be furious if dh bought a car without considering me. Lol he still hears on a weekly basis about how I don't like the stereo he bought over a year ago without consulting me.
    He wont get an auto 4WD because we actually go 4WDing and they are useless for roughing it.

I'm just having a 'why have a sacrificed everything, why do I always come 5th, woh-is-me day'.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default So underexcited (a mini vent)

I know a few people in a 4wd club that have autos and they seem to do fine roughing it. Is that just an excuse?

I would insist on something you both can drive!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to austmum For This Useful Post:

MINIRoo  (22-08-2012)

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu 2 View Post
    I don't think you can go proper 4wD in an auto car - kinda defeats the purpose of having a 4wd

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buttoneska For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (21-08-2012),headoverfeet  (21-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    I don't see the need for me to have a new laptop all I use it for is bubhub/facebook/games and basic documents. Plus I have the ipad already. I have tried to learn to drive a manual, we have spent so much money on replacing 2 clutches because I have broken them it's just something I can't get I do get new things just yeah, nothing major..

ok, i am confused then...because you complained about not getting anything lol