+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default at what age did you leave your child in the bath without supervision?

Subbing! Great thread. My sister tells me I don't have to stay with her 3yo + 6yo now when I bath them but after all those years of training not to leave it feels so wrong!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

3 ish. I'd get her to sing and tell her to not put her face in the water. Our bathroom is the master room ensuite so I'd be constantly stepping in and out of the bathroom and tidying the bedroom up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our DS is 2.9 and we would never leave him unsupervised in the bath and we won't for a long time yet. A. He dosnt know how to hold his breath under water and B. Baths and wet bathroom floors are very slippy and hes bound to stand up , slip over and hurt himself the moment we left the bathroom.All my friends do though with kids the same age.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I still sit with my 4 and 2 year old, i don't trust them alone as DD1 is just a maniac and DD2 likes to put her face in the water.
    Can't imagine i'll be leaving them anytime soon.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    dd showers but we are in and out of the room, and have been for a little while, so 2ish?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere View Post
    dd is 6.5 years and i still dont. I get every thing ready and then take her into teh bathroom and give her a bath and stay there the entire time.

I dont buy the whole thing of as longas you can here them all is fine as if they slip under the water they could be splashing to save them selfs. A friend of mine her daughter had a seizure in the bath and she was in the bedroom getting her daughers clothes she assumed she was safe as she could here her splashing around, She went back in to find her daughter was under the water fitting, They called the ambo and her daughter was ok in the end after a week in hospital with pneumonia from nearly drowning whilst fitting in the bath
    Yep, dd is 9 and has a shower alone now, but if the plug is in she is supervised. We have a 3 minute limit on showers and use an egg timer, when that goes off, I turn the taps off. The door is still open and I still walk in and out, but have a chair to sit on if she has a bath.

Thanks
    Reviews

With DD she would have been 3? DS was about 18 months as he was in there with DD (who is now 5). Small house, bathroom right next to kitchen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS aged 5 has to sing a song if I need to leave the room whilst he's in the bath. Poor kid. I have a fear of water so i'm a bit over protective. I take the time to sit on the bathroom floor with a cup of tea and a magazine. Luckily he prefers the shower and i'm happy to shower him in the ensuite whilst I fold clothes.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: at what age did you leave your child in the bath without supervision?

My DS is only 7 months so its a long way to go before I need to think about it, but depending on his personality maybe 3ish...

I'm very curious, I don't want be offensive but I am interested why a few people still supervise their 7,8,9 year olds in the bath?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ds2 bathes with ds1 and ds1 will call me the second ds2 topples over which isn't often, ds2 is nearly 18mths. I don't leave enough water in there to really worry too much. Our house is small, I'm in tune to them when they aren in the bath but most of the time I'm folding the washing in the room next door or something, never that far away that I worry.