+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    nearly 4.

Even then it was a doors open policy and we'd be in and out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default at what age did you leave your child in the bath without supervision?

My kids are 8 (next month) 5.5, 2.5 and 4mths old and I never leave any of them in the bath unsupervised. My older 3 usually just shower anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews

DD is 2. I let her shower on her own (with the shower door open). If she is having a bath and I'm cooking dinner, she can play in the bath while I'm cooking as I can literally see the bathtub from the kitchen, but if I'm not cooking I sit with her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine are 2 and 4 and although they do get left to themselves in the bath and shower, I always call out or walk in and check on them. If I hear them playing and having fun thats kool but as soon as they go quiet I check lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Mine are 18 months (nearly), 3.5 and 7. I never leave the 18 month old but will leave the other 2 for a minute or two when I get their brother out and dressed. Once he's dressed they get out. My girls play silly buggers in the bath sometimes and I'm paranoid about one of them hitting their head or something or even just slipping. I don't want my 7 year old to have that responsibility. I will leave them in the shower together just not the bath.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

My oldest is almost 7 and I would leave her in the shower if she was on her own, but door open and I'd be nearby. But she tends to share the shower with her sister and I can't trust that kid at all so I'm always there.

Thanks
    Reviews

About 3ish. Our bathroom is in a central area of the house and we leave the door open so they can be heard. DS is now 6 - I'm a bit more laid back with him but am still popping in/calling out to DD (3) every few minutes.

Thanks
    Reviews

DD is just on 2.5 and I started leaving her in bath unsupervised in the last month or so.

As the bathroom is upstairs, I never go downstairs though as I still like to be close and able to get to her quickly.

AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews

Depends what you mean by 'leave'.

26 mnth old DD is left 'unattended' in the bath tub sometimes. But I never go further then the next room & she talks/sings constantly while I'm gone.

She can also swim & hold her breath underwater, so I highly doubt shed get up to anything in the 15secs I'm gone.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: at what age did you leave your child in the bath without supervision?

Around 3.5 years... But even then I'm in and out if the bathroom and never more than 5 metres away. If his noisy splashing and singing stops I bolt to the bathroom.

***Sent from my phone***