+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default at what age did you leave your child in the bath without supervision?

as the title states: at what age did you leave your child in the bath without supervision?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

DD was 2 1/2 but could get out by herself. She was so noisy in the bath and would call out when she was done lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

About 2 1/2 (he's nearly 3). Some nights he wants one of us in there, some nights he tells us to go away!! But he's not really alone, we pop in every few minutes, or play peek-a-boo from the doorway.

On nights he and DD (5 months) bath together, we are there whether he likes it or not.

I used to think I wouldn't leave him until around 4, but he makes that much noise we can hear he's OK.

Thanks
    Reviews

About 3, but I chat to her from the kitchen and make sure I can always hear her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS was just under 2 when i left him in the bottom of the shower with some water in it. Would only go up to his belly button when he was sitting.

I was in the kitchen next door and could hear him. I'd check in every minute literally haha

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DS is over 3 years and we still sit in with him most of the time. I'll leave him for a minute or two to get a towel or his PJs or whatever, but that's usually the longest I'll leave him.
    Paranoid or what! He's a tall kid and we never put much water in (just over lap height) so I probably could leave him for 10-15 minutes at a time and he'd be absolutely fine .
    He never slips whether we're in there or not and makes plenty of noise so I'd know he was ok. I guess I just hadn't realised that he's probably old enough to leave in there by himself by now.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Here I was thinking I'd get slammed. My boys were 2.5ish and 3.5ish, very noisy in the bath and I'd check on them constantly (while I cleaned up the kitchen where I could see into the bathroom from). When we moved out of that house I tended to stay with them and just sit in the hall on my phone because they use to splash sooooo much and I hate being splashed! Now we mainly shower with them or let them shower alone together. They are 4 in Nov and 5 in a few weeks and they bath alone most of the time, I just keep an ear out for them but I cant see them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When DD1 was 3 1/2. However our house was teeny, teeny tiny and the bathroom was in the middle of it. The rule was she sang the whole time and if she stopped singing she had to get out.
    It would have been a very different story in our place before that, where the bath was in the ensuite at the very end of the house and you couldn't hear a thing.
    In the house we're in now my 6 1/2 and almost 5 year old are allowed in the bath by themselves but our almost 3 year old is not. I wouldn't even consider it. He turned off the cold water in the shower a few weeks ago when I was right there with them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Dd1 was about 18 months or so, and the second I couldn't hear her I checked on her. Dd2 was about the same age but she baths with dd1 most nights anyway.

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    dd is 6.5 years and i still dont. I get every thing ready and then take her into teh bathroom and give her a bath and stay there the entire time.

I dont buy the whole thing of as longas you can here them all is fine as if they slip under the water they could be splashing to save them selfs. A friend of mine her daughter had a seizure in the bath and she was in the bedroom getting her daughers clothes she assumed she was safe as she could here her splashing around, She went back in to find her daughter was under the water fitting, They called the ambo and her daughter was ok in the end after a week in hospital with pneumonia from nearly drowning whilst fitting in the bath