+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Unhappy 5 weeks 6 days spotting what do i do?

TMI but i went to the bathroom this morning and my CM had a tinge of blood not red but brown. I know that they say its perfectly normal to spot but it doesnt stop me from being terrified lucky DH was there i burst out in tears and i have everything crossed that this spotting is the extent of it. Im scared to go to the toilet and see if there is more... i put a panty liner on and just went again and there was a small amount on there...
    what do i do? do i call the obs office im not booked in to see them till 9 weeks and i have booked my dating scan at 8 weeks... do i go to emergency and do they give me a scan? i know im not bleeding heaps and heaps but i am terrified with that and also the lack of symptoms. and when i say lack of symptoms i mean none at all! no sore boobs no nausea no nothing! its my first pregnancy so i dont know what to do

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default 5 weeks 6 days spotting what do i do?

I would say go to gp. They can get an u/s straight away if you are worried and they should suggest bloods 2 days apart. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree, go straight to your GP, they will do the appropriate tests. Fingers crossed for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would call your ob, when I had a couple of bleeds my ob got me to come in straight away and scanned me in his rooms. it's nothing.

Thanks
    Reviews

I agree - go to the GP and ask for some blood tests to see what your HCG levels are doing. I've been in your situation and done the research - for some women it's normal to have brown spotting (my GP thought brown spotting was nothing to worry about). You might even be able to get a referral for a 6 week scan and that will put your mind at rest! Hope everything is fine.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks ladies! It's so stressful! It's my first pregnancy so I don't know what's normal And not but any bleeding just freaks you out doesn't it?!?
    I called the obs office spoke to the nurse and she said to change my scan which was going to be week 8 to this week and see how I go...
    Fx all is ok

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Honestly, I know you're worried but TRY not to be! It's so very common to bleed a little around then that it's not really anything that is used as a sign of something wrong .
    I had a gush of bright red blood with DS, and I also had a bit of brown spotting in my CM with this one too. Everything seems to be fine so far. Brown spotting is nothing to stress about. Red blood is a cause for concern but even then (as with me) it doesn't always mean there's something wrong.

Go see your GP if you're really stressed, they should be able to get you an appointment to get scanned sooner .