+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default normal symptoms in second pregnancy ?

ok so i feel kinda silly asking as this is my second pregnancy but to be honest i dont remember much of what the last weeks were like with my son. I'm 33 weeks + 2 days (placenta is lying anterior) from about 26 weeks ive felt so much downward pressure and pain in my groin and tops of inner thighs so much so that at night i can barely roll over in bed. about a week ago i had regular contractions for about an hour and when i woke up in the morning they had stopped. the last 3 days ive had really bad gas (sorry for tmi) which isnt normal for me, also had looser stools and been pooping more (again tmi) also been having period like pain and on off tightening/ contraction like pain and lower back ache. ive been feeling nauseas at times recently which i havent felt since first trimester and today i have been really light headed and sensitive to light (had to dim brightness on computer right down) my sugars, blood pressure, iron etc are all normal. im just wondering if this is all normal and if anyone else has been experiencing this as i dont really remember how i felt in first pregnancy but from what i remember i only had the light headedness.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I remember the loose poops but they were just before I went into labour....so at 33 weeks it seems early, but maybe it is normal. Hopefully your pains will ease off...and bubba will not want to come early...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Have you asked your dr about SPD? I have that and the pain you describe sounds very similar. Physio can help. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I'm 26 weeks and experiencing most of the things you have mention. I spoke to my Ob about it last week and he said that because bubs is head down now that it is all normal. The only thing different is I have blood pressure issues (high) so that is why I get dizzy etc, so might be worth getting yours checked again. Have they checked baby's position lately because that could explain all the pressure and bowel issues. Also I'm getting Braxton hicks fairly regularly throughout the day and more when in bed.

Hope this helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    i havent asked my doctor about spd, what is it ? last time i went to the doctors she wasnt head down anymore, she had moved. though when i do get the jabs from her lately it feels very low, almost as if it just inside my vagina lol. everything feels a little different this time but im wondering if that is because the placenta is in a different position maybe ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm about 1 week behind you (32+4 today) and feel exactly the same. I've had a lot of pressure and discomfort/pain in my whole vaginal region and upper legs for some time now and just today had a few dizzy spells this morning. I've been feeling a little nausea on and off for weeks now too.

I've been getting some strong Braxton Hicks too, but they are very irregular and not painful so I'm not too worried about them.

It's so hard to roll over in bed at the moment and I hate doing it. This is so different to my DD's pregnancy! And my placenta is in a similar position.

If you're worried, I'd definitely try to see your midwife/doctor/obs sooner rather than later.

I'm concerned how I'll feel when she engages if she does so before I go into labour because I'm struggling to walk as it is!

Thanks
    Reviews
    i have an appointment on thursday with doc but if i feel more off ill go earlier. just now i keep getting this on off pressure like i sort of need to poop but i dont actually need too. wondering if thats also a typical feeling in pregnancies where the baby is posterior. ive just been taking it easy the last couple of days as i too was struggling to walk and the pain has eased up a bit. getting out of bed in the morning is the hardest thing, with all the sudden downward pressure. btw thank you everyone for the responses

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i think it depends how bub's is lying or if bub's is engaged. My dd became engaged head first at 33 weeks and i felt all the signs ur feeling. At my 35 week check up she was all good to go.....Then she popped out at 38 weeks and was born via c-section at 39+6 because she was breech. arghhh!!!! lol
    There was a noticable difference from when she was facing head first to when she turned up the other way.
    Goodluck! im sure everything ur feeling is normal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by jessiegirl89 View Post
    i havent asked my doctor about spd, what is it ? last time i went to the doctors she wasnt head down anymore, she had moved. though when i do get the jabs from her lately it feels very low, almost as if it just inside my vagina lol. everything feels a little different this time but im wondering if that is because the placenta is in a different position maybe ?
    Have a read through:
    http://www.babycenter.com.au/pregnan...th/pelvicpain/