+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Unhappy Pregnant or Not?

Hi All,

This is my first time using this but need some advice/help. Sorry I don't know abbreviations - just don't know who to talk to
    I came off the pill in May 2012. I got a regular cycle in June and July. I was meant to get my periods on 15th August or thereabouts - It is now 21st August (day 38 in my cycle) and I still do not have them and I think I have signs of pregnancy. I have never been pregnant - I have taken approx 4 pregnancy first response tests, all done first thing in the morning and they were all negative. I am unsure whether to go to the doctors or should I wait longer? I am basically just worried that there may be something wrong or if I am pregnant of course want to do the right thing for the baby and my body.
    Please help or lend your thoughts

Thank you :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would go to your GP and ask for a blood test

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StormAngel For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (21-08-2012),smash023  (22-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How stressful

Those tests are usually pretty reliable but I have heard stories on here where they haven't worked! They also for some reason work better in the PM for some people even though they say try first thing in the morning.

I'd go to your GP and request a blood test, as at this stage a pregnancy would almost definitely show up on bloods good luck!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

smash023  (22-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pregnant or Not?

Your cycles will probably be a bit irregular after the pill. My third month off was a 50 day cycle. It could just be your body regulating itself. I fell pregnant the month after that 50 days!!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Poppy30 For This Useful Post:

smash023  (22-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Get a blood test from your Dr and know one way or the other. It will put you out of your misery of wondering...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tap For This Useful Post:

smash023  (22-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also went off the pill in May and had two regular cycles in June and July and i got worried this month (August) as i was due on the 6th, thankfully AF arrived this morning on day 43 of my cycle. DH and I arent trying to get pregnant at the moment and arent ready for another baby just yet but i had to go off the pill to regulate my hormones. So as a pp has said it may just be that your cycles are a bit irregular after coming off the pill.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bearbug For This Useful Post:

smash023  (22-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's probably just your cycles being a bit crazy after coming off the pill. Mine were - I had a few normal ones then they went haywire for a while. Maybe a visit to your Dr if you're still concerned would be a good idea.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to teenie For This Useful Post:

smash023  (22-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all for your comments.
    I know that it could be them trying to regulate but it just scares me that if I am I want to be doing the right thing. It is very hard to get your head around especially when we want to get pregnant so badly. I have booked a doctors appointment for tomorrow and will let you all know how I go and thank you again, always need advice and someone to talk to

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Pregnant or Not?

I also came off pill in May due to severe headaches, ever since my period is so irregular almost every 2 weeks its crazy, so it's really hard to track anything, we have only been TTC for a month. Glad you have booked into docs. Good luck.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub

16. The Following User Says Thank You to tully78 For This Useful Post:

smash023  (22-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just thought I would let you all know that it's day 44 in the cycle and no appearance yet at all. I had a blood test and another pee test at doctors, pee was negative and blood test well they didn't call me and when I called them they said that the dr had written no action on it so I am guessing that was negative as well. So I guess it's just a waiting game for them to come - hopefully soon as we want to keep trying