+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Slow cell division at day 4

Quote Originally Posted by Net3811 View Post
    Just saw your thread jessesgirl. I'm sorry for all the worry you've been through. Glad to see you have two on board. The possbilities continue to amaze me. Congrats on being PUPO!
    Hi net,

Thank you for your lovely words, very nice of you even when you didn't have to post. I'm ever so appreciative.

I hope my embies stick!! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Jesse - only just saw this thread. Great news that you have two on board! Sorry you had to go through such worry. My understanding is that yes, while cell division speed in the first few days CAN be an indicator of quality at day 5, it isn't always. The guy leading halfway through a marathon doesn't necessarily win the race at the end. And as my FS said to me, the cell division involved in getting to a day 3 or 4 embie is actually a completely different process to that required to form a blastocyst. Minimal fragmentation is a great sign.

I wish you all the best. x

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Slow cell division at day 4

Quote Originally Posted by peoniesarepretty View Post
    Hey Jesse - only just saw this thread. Great news that you have two on board! Sorry you had to go through such worry. My understanding is that yes, while cell division speed in the first few days CAN be an indicator of quality at day 5, it isn't always. The guy leading halfway through a marathon doesn't necessarily win the race at the end. And as my FS said to me, the cell division involved in getting to a day 3 or 4 embie is actually a completely different process to that required to form a blastocyst. Minimal fragmentation is a great sign.

I wish you all the best. x
    Hi peonies,

How are you? The worry is never over is it? Haha now all I'm thinking is 'what are they doing', 'are they attaching' aghh!!

Van anyone tell me if they slowed down after day 4 what that means? Egg or sperm quality?

I've read conflicting info, being that after day 3 its sperm time to shine and the days before its the egg, then I've read that after day 3 it's DNA that kicks in and if that's no good then it will slow.. Anyone care to share?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, I asked my FS why I have good looking embies on day 3 and only get a couple at blast stage (I actually had more but they seem to disregard anything that's not A grade) ... really wanting him to say it's the sperm. Because it's donor sperm, you see - so if I thought it was that I would just say I want to change donor. But he said look it probably is the eggs ... or rather, the fact that I'm 37. And that's when he said that about it being an entirely different process to form a blastocyst than to just divide cells.

Something I came across myself in all my reading was a study showing that eggs have a voracious appetite for zinc in the final stages of maturation before ovulation. And that zinc is super important for cell division (and of course we know it's useful for sperm for the same reason). So short term high doses of zinc in the last part of the stim phase could be beneficial. I did that this time and got better results than last cycle. Who knows if it was the zinc or not?