+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    1,566
    Thanks
    299
    Thanked
    161
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Slow cell division at day 4

    Hi girls,

    As the title suggests this is what is happening to us ATM. Never happened before to us so naturally we are freaking out..

    Basically scientist called to say they are still at 8,9 and 10 cells and they would call if transfer is cancelled...

    I'm mad googling and really working myself up.. Is it egg quality that causes this??

    Hoping I'm worrying for nothing and they speed up enough to make it to morula stage..

    Just don't know what I'm doing wrong anymore

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    1,566
    Thanks
    299
    Thanked
    161
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Slow cell division at day 4

    Bump!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    1,450
    Thanks
    288
    Thanked
    361
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Re: Slow cell division at day 4

    Hi jesse.

    I havent got much info about day 4 embies but the scientist did tell me that they are seeing slow growing blasts now that dont fully mature until day 6. They said particularly in younger ivfers (30... i love being told I am still young lol).
    Not sure if this is also true of the 4 day embies?

    I dont think you are doing anything wrong at all. Hug x its a gamble this game. Hang in therex

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland.
    Posts
    2,001
    Thanks
    260
    Thanked
    529
    Reviews
    4
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

    Default Slow cell division at day 4

    Jessie my last pregnancy was 2 slow growing embies and was transferred at day 4. I cant recall the exact cell numbers but wasnt a compacting morula on day 4. Once transferred one ended up developing to a blasto, hatching and implanting. Mine ended in early miscarriage but I think that has more to do with the overall quality of the embryo rather than its developing potential because it got that far and further than what anyone had expected. Good luck!
    Last edited by nicole83; 21-08-2012 at 12:05.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    893
    Thanks
    594
    Thanked
    185
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I want to be encouraging-because it sounds like a stressful phone call to receive. But you are wondering why- from all I have read slow cell division may mean they might be at risk of arresting (stopping growing and not making it to day 5) but HOPEFULLY they are just being late bloomers.

    Depending on your clinic this could mean:
    (a) they are not suitable to transfer (the 8 cell ones are more likely to be that) as they would be too low grade
    (b) unless they pick up they would be unlikely to become frosties as they have not followed 'normal' growth patterns and meet minimum freeze criteria
    (c) if you get one that will grow to the right size by day 5 it will probably most likely the 10cell one
    (d) the 9 cell one MIGHT get big enough to freeze by day 6- but if they are calling now I wouldn't be counting on that.

    To give you an idea of growth- early am on Monday my day 3 was 7 cells- by lunch it was 8 cells- so rapid growth.

    Why?
    Nature. sometimes we can't explain nature. Could be just unlucky. Could be genetic problem for each means they aren't growing well this time. Could be just that they are about to put on speed and prove everyone wrong (hope so). Due to your age, I doubt the eggs are 'bad' as such. Sometimes if you were over stimulated and had too many eggs to start with they can start as lesser quality.

    My suggestion:
    call the clinic and ask to speak to an embryologist. That's what I always do- and our is excellent at explaining things. Write yourself a list of questions first then ask away. That's one of the the things we pay big bucks for.

    I will keep your little ones in my thoughts and pray they have a sudden growth spurt.

    Not an easy time. Oh, and keep away from google- trust me there is not an answer for what will happen to your embyros on there and you will just make yourself a bundle of stress trying to work it out. What will be will be. (That's the voice of a Dr Google addict who wasted alot of time trying to work out what the future would bring).

    ((HUGS))
    Fortitude
    Last edited by Fortitude; 21-08-2012 at 13:17.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fortitude For This Useful Post:

    KandP  (22-08-2012)

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    1,566
    Thanks
    299
    Thanked
    161
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Slow cell division at day 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortitude View Post
    I want to be encouraging-because it sounds like a stressful phone call to receive. But you are wondering why- from all I have read slow cell division may mean they might be at risk of arresting (stopping growing and not making it to day 5) but HOPEFULLY they are just being late bloomers.

    Depending on your clinic this could mean:
    (a) they are not suitable to transfer (the 8 cell ones are more likely to be that) as they would be too low grade
    (b) unless they pick up they would be unlikely to become frosties as they have not followed 'normal' growth patterns and meet minimum freeze criteria
    (c) if you get one that will grow to the right size by day 5 it will probably most likely the 10cell one
    (d) the 9 cell one MIGHT get big enough to freeze by day 6- but if they are calling now I wouldn't be counting on that.

    To give you an idea of growth- early am on Monday my day 3 was 7 cells- by lunch it was 8 cells- so rapid growth.

    Why?
    Nature. sometimes we can't explain nature. Could be just unlucky. Could be genetic problem for each means they aren't growing well this time. Could be just that they are about to put on speed and prove everyone wrong (hope so). Due to your age, I doubt the eggs are 'bad' as such. Sometimes if you were over stimulated and had too many eggs to start with they can start as lesser quality.

    My suggestion:
    call the clinic and ask to speak to an embryologist. That's what I always do- and our is excellent at explaining things. Write yourself a list of questions first then ask away. That's one of the the things we pay big bucks for.

    I will keep your little ones in my thoughts and pray they have a sudden growth spurt.

    Not an easy time. Oh, and keep away from google- trust me there is not an answer for what will happen to your embyros on there and you will just make yourself a bundle of stress trying to work it out. What will be will be. (That's the voice of a Dr Google addict who wasted alot of time trying to work out what the future would bring).

    ((HUGS))
    Fortitude
    Thank you for your words, your quite a wealth of knowledge aren't you..

    I'm praying that they are just having an off day do to speak and pick up ASAP..

    I emailed my fs and he's very hopeful I'll have transfer... Who knows he might be just clutching at straws..

    They haven't called today so no news is good news she said... Praying they call I'm the am and say at least one has made it to morula!

    Thank you again for your reply! X

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    1,566
    Thanks
    299
    Thanked
    161
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Slow cell division at day 4

    Quote Originally Posted by nicole83 View Post
    Jessie my last pregnancy was 2 slow growing embies and was transferred at day 4. I cant recall the exact cell numbers but wasnt a compacting morula on day 4. Once transferred one ended up developing to a blasto, hatching and implanting. Mine ended in early miscarriage but I think that has more to do with the overall quality of the embryo rather than its developing potential because it got that far and further than what anyone had expected. Good luck!
    Hi Nicole,

    Thanks for your post.. Praying my littlies have pick up today..

    The scientist did say there was hardly any fragmentation so I guess thats a positive.. X

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    1,566
    Thanks
    299
    Thanked
    161
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Slow cell division at day 4

    Quote Originally Posted by dancingbutterfly View Post
    Hi jesse.

    I havent got much info about day 4 embies but the scientist did tell me that they are seeing slow growing blasts now that dont fully mature until day 6. They said particularly in younger ivfers (30... i love being told I am still young lol).
    Not sure if this is also true of the 4 day embies?

    I dont think you are doing anything wrong at all. Hug x its a gamble this game. Hang in therex
    Hi dancing,

    Thanks for your post.. Just don't get it.. We have never had this before- doesn't make sense.. But I hope your right and a miracle has occurred and we are blessed enough to have a transfer..

    Hope you are well! X

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    893
    Thanks
    594
    Thanked
    185
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    From what I've read if there's no fragmentation that's good.
    Do they check them every day?
    Just wondering because my clinic checks them for fertilisation, then day 3, then day 5.

    I hope (((1))) blessed little one at least grows and makes you a perfect baby.

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    1,566
    Thanks
    299
    Thanked
    161
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Slow cell division at day 4

    Yeh they check every morning on the embys. And yes the less fragmentation the better.

    Thank you for your kind words.


 

Similar Threads

  1. 8 cell embryo day 4? Any chance...
    By Tiredofttc in forum IVF
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 26-11-2012, 16:47
  2. 6 cell Embie on Day 2
    By angelmama74 in forum IVF
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 27-08-2012, 21:39
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-05-2012, 11:39

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Springfree Trampoline
Give the Ultimate Christmas Gift Springfree Trampoline
The World's Safest Trampoline™ is now also the world's first Smart Trampoline™. Sensors on the mat detect your every move and your jumps control fun, educational and active games on tablet. Secure the Ultimate Christmas Gift today!
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Hunter Women's Health Centre
Hunter Women’s Health Centre care for women of all ages, in the full spectrum of their gynaecologic and obstetric health.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!