+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Support needed - starting a GI eating plan.

Hi guys,

I have PCOS and weight has been a major issue for most of my life. I am now 30 years old, and being a nurse I am all too aware of the health implications of being overweight so have decided to tackle this weight issue of mine once and for all.

I have tried many of the commercial diets with moderate sucess, but found most of them expensive, difficult to maintain and hard to incorperate into my busy family and working life. After doing some reading and speaking to one of the dieticians at work I have decided that a simple low GI eating plan is probably the best option for me.

On weighing myself today I was 112.7 kg

My initial goal is to be under 100kg and to loose enough weight to be able to manage some of my PCOS symptoms, regulate my cycle and ovulate so that we can concieve our much wanted third child!!!! At the end of the day though, I am not so concerned with what the scales say, I just want to be healthy and be able to instil good eating habits in my children so that they don't follow the same path that I have. Also, I want to be able to shop in the regular section of clothes stores rather than being resticted to choosing from the small selection of 'big girls' clothes that are available.....

So, I would love some support on this journey! Please join in and share your own stories

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi,

I need to loose mine once and for all too. It's so depressing. I was told I had PSO years ago when trying for my girls but I don't really have the syndrome bit. I do have Insulin Resistance though.

I wish I could do Jenny Craig. I even thought about it today. But it just works out too expensive for us especially when I have to cook for the rest of the family anyway.

I'm going to be starting the best I can from tomorrow and will sort out my menu plan and shopping etc later tonight. I have decided to follow one of my menu plans from my Symply Too Good To Be True cookbooks. They are reccomended for diabetes and weight loss. Most of the normal receipes are low or medium gi with the odd high gi one thrown in but I just wont have those. (I don't think the high gi meals are on the menu plans anyway) Hopefully that will get me started. I can't keep going the way I have been anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Danielle,

Goodluck with your lifestyle change. I have recentley discovered the 'diabetic living' magazine which you can pick up in most newsagents, that has heaps of low gi recipes! Most of my menu plan will be devised from the recipes in this magazine!!