+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Grrrr Bond Cleaning...

So we found tenants for our rental and theyre moving in Friday. The agent did final inspection yesterday after DH spent an entire weekend cleaning from top to bottom (he'd rather do that than watch the kids when I do and he's fastidious about it) AND we hired their suggested cleaner to come through and redetail everything to make sure it was perfect.

The agent has still come back with 35 points to be fixed

Three of them are valid and we're onto them, the rest I've discussed in detail with cleaner and she's able to fix some but others are just general minor wear and tear that no one could have prevented or fixed (such as light watermark on shower screen that can't be cleaned off - due to calcium in water or light marks on garage shelves inside cupboards from storing boxes etc there. It's being suggested that we may have to repaint all shelves. The marks are only slight and not heavy stains at all ).

I've spoken to the agent, as the cleaner will, and shes said that she will photograph all these issues and discuss them with the owner.

So upset that we may lose bond over something no one could have prevented when we kept the house immaculate.

Grrr

Thanks
    Reviews

As on owner of an investment house that sounds crazy. With each tenant you have to expect some wear and tear. And with our property it is up to us not the agent as to wether the bond is released.

Thanks
    Reviews

that's cr@ppy
    I'm worried about that when I move to because I have been here for years and years. They need to take into account normal wear and tear for over time. Have you been there long? Maybe ring dept of fair trading and ask their advice. Ive spoken to them a couple of times about things.
    You shouldnt loose your bond over what sounds like normal wear and tear.....

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That sounds a bit excessive as you are allowed general wear and tear naturally. Ofcourse things will get marked etc overtime.

I too will be worried when we move out of our home as we have been here for 2.5 years and of course you get more wear and tear marks when its been a longer time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

That's ridiculous! The state of the house that we moved into when we got here was completely opposite of what I'm used to and I was shocked that it hadn't been cleaned better but what you're describing just sounds as though someone is having a power trip! Check through your contract to see if it mentions wear and tear cause I think ours does

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sounds like they are being overly fastidious and picky

I'm sure most if not all of it will be considered general wear and tear. You've not only done a thorough clean yourself but hired a professional cleaner to go over the house to make sure it's spotless. What more do they want?

Sometimes I find if the person who does the inspection is a new or less experienced property manager they can be a bit too harsh.

I hope you get everything straightened out

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    After moving 6 times in 5 years this is why I don't even bother any more, I just tell the RE to organize everything using the bond.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Grrrr Bond Cleaning...

It crap but yeah it is the owner of the property that says yes or no to return of bond not the agency. If it is slight wear and tear you have to expect that. that is why they have inpections on the maintains of the house. If all your inpections were fine, you should question there reasoning for it.

Ie: we had a tenant that was leaving our property and said there was some damage to the wall, we thought it was just from the door knob, but in fact they had kicked in the wall! Even the agency asked usif we would repair it under our money! Even there was a big hole in the wall! And was clearly damaged by them!

Sent from my GT-I9210T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have an overdue house inspection coming up in 3 weeks and im panicking!
    We have lived here 4 years and its the longest i've ever rented in one house. I'm really worried that they will pick on alot of things. Like the oven is getting rust in some of the joints on the door. And the shower door is also looking a bit rusty too.

It really sounds like that trying to get the bond back and are just hoping you give in. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fight it.
    When we moved out of our last place, she gave us a list that added up to almost $6000 worth of stuff that needed to be fixed.

They yelled at us, threatened us, tried to make us pay...

and we fought all the way..

we ended up being given $500 for al the crap she put us through.