+ Reply to Thread
    waitsee is offline “While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Happy 1st Birthday.... how you got here

I woke around 3am with some pains & got back to sleep around 5am, DS came into the bed and we all slept till around 7am. After I woke and fed Lachlan breakfast, DP and I had toast and coffee.

I downloaded a contraction timer around 8:30am and started timing them not sure if it was the real thing or not. DP took DS for a ride around the block and I rested on the lounge. I had a shower and dad and his mate dropped around to show me his new car. DP put DS to sleep and I had a rest (still had contractions about 20 minutes apart).

We went for a walk to the shop later in the afternoon got home and DP went and got dinner from McDonalds. We bathed DS and I went to lay down while DP put him to bed as the contractions were getting quite painful.

We put Harry Potter on and I rang the Birth Centre to let my midwives know what was happening. Who suggested I call my mum to look after DS (so it wouldn't be a midnight call).

Mum and her DP arrived and by the end of HP I was bleeding so I rang the hospital and decided to go in and get checked + the contractions were getting more painful. We left home at 10:45 arrived at the hospital to find the BC was too busy, so I was sent around to the birth suites with a middie to be checked out.

Leanne was briefed with my details and a doctor was called and a canular was put in my hand. She did an assessment and I was 8cm and very close so she advised DP not to bother going to get the bags yet, I had several contractions till I felt the urge to push which I announced and they helped me onto the bed and kneeling I started pushing which surprised everyone, because she started moving down and out straight away. She advised DP to hit the button on the wall. With coaching I stopped from pushing and started panting and you arrived (12:15am), they passed her through my legs and onto my chest and helped me turn around and lay down.

We waited for the cord to finish pulsing and I had the needle to help minimise blood loss for my platelette issues and then birthed the placenta.

Your dad went to get the bags and make the phone calls while I got serious snuggles and he came back with your name

What an amazing year

Thanks
    Reviews
    beautiful birth story. so calm!!! hope my labour will be calm like yours!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Congratulations and a happy anniversary