+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Clicky Hips??

Hi, My 4 month old daughter had ultrasound on hips at 8 weeks as Dr picked up uneven leg creases. Ultrasound showed hips were slightly out but not enough for treatment. Ultrasound was reviewed at 4 months and her left hip is now classed as grade 1 hip dysplacia. We are waiting on an appointment at Childrens Hospital hip clinic and Dr suggested using "double nappies" until we see the clinic. Has anyone else had this issue with only one hip and low grade but still needing treatment? If so what treatment was given and what was the outcome? Any help or info is appreciated....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Clicky Hips??

Hi. Our daughters hip dysplasia wasn't picked up until around age 1.5 when she started waking so now it is not correctable without major surgery. It is one hip only. How long until your appointment? It really is a time thing with hip dysplasia. Hopefully your bubba will just be able to wear and brace/harness for a few months. Sorry I don't have any more info. There is a fb group called 'developmental dysplasia of the hip' which is very helpful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your help. We are waiting to hear when our appointment is. Hopefully it won't b too long. Hope everything goes well with your daughter with or without surgery.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi, is your DD swaddled earlier on months? I read that some DDs who were swaddled too tightly around the hips, esp the Love to dream swaddles etc cause the hip problems.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi There, Yes i do wrap bub. I hav got the love to dream swaddles but don't use them very often as she prefers the regular muslin wrap. Wheni do wrap her it's only her top half that is wrapped so she still sleeps with frog like legs. I hope using the love to dream swaddles hasn't caused this issue. Thanks for the info.