+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF newbie question

Quote Originally Posted by mam83 View Post
    LEE!!!! Hello!!!!! How are u?? What have you been doing? Where has this journey taken you???

I am just terrified if OHSS!! I've got 2 friends who had it really badly and had to be hospitalised... Scary!!
    Well if I recall correctly our diagnosis was similar (lean pcos?) & I'm afraid to say my first round of IVF led to OHSS and I was hospitalised too BUT I did get 22 frozen embryos out of it, so a good result in the end I guess lol. The doc started me on 150 IU gonal f, so fx you will be just fine on 125 & she sounds like she is keeping a close eye on you so that's positive too you have done well to stick with OI for 6 cycles, Mam! I think you will find the transition to IVF ok, the EPU is the worst bit but if you are ok with anesthesia it's not too bad at all (hope that ramble didn't scare u!)

I am now up to my 3rd round of FET, which for me is just like OI except they stick a catheter in at the end! I am 6dp5dt today, and am cautiously optimistic because...
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Yay Lee! Are you on pregnal or anything? FX for you!!

I just wanted to say I had 20eggs collected (only ended up with 3 viable) I also got OHSS but was mild, headache, temp, dizziness, vomiting, massive bloating.... DH took me to emergency they treated me as if I was pregnant, gave me hydrolyte icy pole, pannadol & m/s tablets..... I went home & felt better straight away!! That was the worst of it for me I guess our bodies all react differently....

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI BFP - but sadly miscarried @ 6 weeks..... :'(

ET - 21/05/2012 - BFN
    ET - 14/06/2012 - BFN
    IVF all over for us for now..

Thanks
    Reviews

OMG LEE!!!!!!!

Oh gosh!! When is your hcg check?? Did u have pregnyl boosters??? Oh keep us posted!!!!!!

Gee sounds like everyone has had OHSS!!! Oh wow that's a lot of Popsicles!!!!!

Yeah we are going very slowly, I injected my first 125 last night and it feels like I have been on it for day's this morning!! Nausea already I can't stomach anything!!! Ah well perhaps I will lose a couple of kg at the same time not that I need to lose much!! Yeah pcos too, anovulatory. No cycles.

Excited about my first scan on Wednesday!!! Nervous!!!

Xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks, ladies. I had my trigger (5000 IU) shot on the 15/8 so over 10 days ago, no booster, and it's never stayed in my system this long although that is 1 reason I'm cautious. We will wait and see, but I feel really good about it

That's no good that your first shot is already playing with your system. I hope you get better not worse. 3 more days before progress update! fx!

It is interesting how out bodies react differently with each cycle and compared to others. No wonder it's so hit and miss for the poor doctors, an we have such high expectations of them! Oh, we'll - I think my FS drives a Porsche so I don't feel too sorry for him ha ha!

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh sorry, my beta test is not for another week! But I'm going in tomorrow for a progesterone test which I organised at the start (to make sure my LP is good) so I might see if they can add a HCG but it is still very early so I doubt they will...

Thanks
    Reviews

How exciting lee!!!! Keep us posted!!! Hopefully willbe hearing about a bfp!!!!!!!

Xoxoxo

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Lee80 View Post
    Well if I recall correctly our diagnosis was similar (lean pcos?) & I'm afraid to say my first round of IVF led to OHSS and I was hospitalised too BUT I did get 22 frozen embryos out of it, so a good result in the end I guess lol. The doc started me on 150 IU gonal f, so fx you will be just fine on 125 & she sounds like she is keeping a close eye on you so that's positive too you have done well to stick with OI for 6 cycles, Mam! I think you will find the transition to IVF ok, the EPU is the worst bit but if you are ok with anesthesia it's not too bad at all (hope that ramble didn't scare u!)

I am now up to my 3rd round of FET, which for me is just like OI except they stick a catheter in at the end! I am 6dp5dt today, and am cautiously optimistic because...
    Forgot to ask lee, what was your original dose during your first round?? That gave u OHSS???

Thanks
    Reviews

He started me on 150 IU, I think he dropped me down to 100 on day 5 but I can't quite remember. I had 35 eggs harvested, and they pretty well knew I was going to have problems. ET was cancelled as soon as I started getting sick, spent about a week in hospital. But as MARTTC said she had 20 eggs and was only mildly sick so everyone is different, try not to worry about it, surprisingly a very low number of women end up hospitalised from it. My doc said I was the first one of his patients in ages.

How are you feeling today? What dose of gonal f were u cycling with for OI?

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Lee80 View Post
    He started me on 150 IU, I think he dropped me down to 100 on day 5 but I can't quite remember. I had 35 eggs harvested, and they pretty well knew I was going to have problems. ET was cancelled as soon as I started getting sick, spent about a week in hospital. But as MARTTC said she had 20 eggs and was only mildly sick so everyone is different, try not to worry about it, surprisingly a very low number of women end up hospitalised from it. My doc said I was the first one of his patients in ages.

How are you feeling today? What dose of gonal f were u cycling with for OI?
    WOW!!! 35 eggs on 150 units!!!!! OMG!!!

Sorry for the continuous questions, but when did u get so sick? After the pregnyl?? Have u had your AMH levels checked??

I know but it's hard not to worry a little, I don't know that many people on ivf in my non online life, but they have ALL been hospitalised with it... Some of them twice!!! Haha!!! Just want to stay really vigilant!

Having said that, each one of those women who were hospitalised now have a baby! One even twins so what will be will be!!

Thanks
    Reviews

I didn't trigger with pregnyl for EPU, we used ovidrel (I think) which is milder and not meant to cause further follicle growth. I started to feel bloaty just before EPU but it's about 2-3 days after EPU that I got really sick. It is due to ALL those corpus luteum on your ovaries (so think 35!) producing progesterone and swelling your ovaries. The heightened hormone levels cause your organs to leak fluid into your abdomen... We really have to stop talking about this, I feel I will just make you worry more!!

Yes I had my AMH checked, it was higher than the average range but not by much. I can't remember the exact number...did you have yours done? I imagine it would have been in the high side from PCOS too?