+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF newbie question

Hi everyone!

Just about to start my first round of ivf, and one of my friends just asked me if I am on an agonist or antagonist cycle... I'm completely clueless, what's the difference?

When AF comes in the next few days, I will be starting on 125 of Gonal f for 4 days, and then having bloods and a u/s on day 4. Then adjustting the dose accordingly... Then she said depending on the results I may have to sniff something to stop me from ovulating naturally? I have done injection natural cycles before an tend to have a rise in LH myself without the HCG injection. Can't remember for the I've of me what the sniff stuff is called... She seems very concerned at ohss.

This is all a bit scary isn't it!?

Any advise or answers would be greatly appreciated!!

Mam

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Sorry not sure, I was antagonist.
    I was on 225 gonal f, I didn't sniff to stop ovulation... I think I had injections for that too (called olegalutran - cannot spell for ****)
    Had those for about 4 days then the trigger shot 2 days before EPU.....

Good luck!

Do your research on your clinic, that's my advice... We were not happy with ours and have since moved, feels like such a waste

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI BFP - but sadly miscarried @ 6 weeks..... :'(

ET - 21/05/2012 - BFN
    ET - 14/06/2012 - BFN
    IVF all over for us for now..

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MARTTC View Post
    Sorry not sure, I was antagonist.
    I was on 225 gonal f, I didn't sniff to stop ovulation... I think I had injections for that too (called olegalutran - cannot spell for ****)
    Had those for about 4 days then the trigger shot 2 days before EPU.....

Good luck!

Do your research on your clinic, that's my advice... We were not happy with ours and have since moved, feels like such a waste

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012

ET - 21/05/2012 - BFN
    ET - 14/06/2012 - BFN
    Thanks marttc!!!

Why weren't you happy with your clinic??

I'm pretty happy with mine.

FINALLY AF ARRIVED TODAY!!!!! So starting jabbing tomorrow and I will also be using olegaureton or whatever it's called. But not till after cd 5. Did u have any side effects from that??

No more ivf?? may I ask how come???

Thanks for your reply!!!

Xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mam83 View Post
    Thanks marttc!!!

Why weren't you happy with your clinic??

I'm pretty happy with mine.

FINALLY AF ARRIVED TODAY!!!!! So starting jabbing tomorrow and I will also be using olegaureton or whatever it's called. But not till after cd 5. Did u have any side effects from that??

No more ivf?? may I ask how come???

Thanks for your reply!!!

Xoxo
    To be honest the worst side affects I ever got were the odd headache & period type pain... It's just your ovaries growing your little eggs... So it's a good feeling cause you know something is happening!! Also I bloated pretty badly, looked about 3 months pregnant!!

I wasn't happy with my clinic more so cause of my Dr but he left a bad taste in my mouth! I never ever got answers or comfort, it was all about the $$$ I fell pregnant my first cycle & after my bfp they never tested me any further... I miscarried & it could have been cause they stopped me taking progesterone support to early!
    Then I got a negative the a chemical pregnancy... Then that was us all over. I switched clinics to find out that my DH sperm problem was no where near as bad as our other dr said (he said 1% natural chance) our new dr asked if I was ever investigated?! My answer: no! Not other than a scan & a couple of blood tests! New Dr sent me for a laparoscopy & found and removed endo - also found that my ovaries are enlarged, meaning possible pcos (need a few more tests), confirmed my tubes are not blocked. Now the Dr has put me on clomid for a few months, she things we could do it naturally with the help of clomid!! if not, then back to IVF but we want to give this a good try. IVF can be tuff, rollercoaster ride!! If you need an ear, I'm here!!

Yay for jabbing!!
    My tio is remove the stuff from the fridge about 20/30 mins before
    Are you jabbing yourself? I just couldn't do it, I'm a needle phobe.. My DH had to

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012

ET - 21/05/2012 - BFN
    ET - 14/06/2012 - BFN

Thanks
    Reviews

Tip**

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012

ET - 21/05/2012 - BFN
    ET - 14/06/2012 - BFN

Thanks
    Reviews

Can't say for sure, but sounds like an antagonist cycle. I started on 125 of Gonal F and have 14week twins on board:-) Good luck for your cycle!

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi Mam! I remember you from OI thread. Sorry to hear that OI hasn't worked and your on to IVF but still a good chance you'll get that ellusive BFP very soon

Sounds like an antagonist cycle - there is not too much more on the drug side than your used to, except for the addition of orgalutron.

Wishing you all the best on this cycle

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MARTTC View Post
    To be honest the worst side affects I ever got were the odd headache & period type pain... It's just your ovaries growing your little eggs... So it's a good feeling cause you know something is happening!! Also I bloated pretty badly, looked about 3 months pregnant!!

I wasn't happy with my clinic more so cause of my Dr but he left a bad taste in my mouth! I never ever got answers or comfort, it was all about the $$$ I fell pregnant my first cycle & after my bfp they never tested me any further... I miscarried & it could have been cause they stopped me taking progesterone support to early!
    Then I got a negative the a chemical pregnancy... Then that was us all over. I switched clinics to find out that my DH sperm problem was no where near as bad as our other dr said (he said 1% natural chance) our new dr asked if I was ever investigated?! My answer: no! Not other than a scan & a couple of blood tests! New Dr sent me for a laparoscopy & found and removed endo - also found that my ovaries are enlarged, meaning possible pcos (need a few more tests), confirmed my tubes are not blocked. Now the Dr has put me on clomid for a few months, she things we could do it naturally with the help of clomid!! if not, then back to IVF but we want to give this a good try. IVF can be tuff, rollercoaster ride!! If you need an ear, I'm here!!

Yay for jabbing!!
    My tio is remove the stuff from the fridge about 20/30 mins before
    Are you jabbing yourself? I just couldn't do it, I'm a needle phobe.. My DH had to

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012

ET - 21/05/2012 - BFN
    ET - 14/06/2012 - BFN
    Thanks Marttc!!

Yeah I'm fine with jabbing myself, I've just done 6 ovulation induction cycles with Gonal f!! just much higher dose now and more injections I was always fine with the needles luckily!

Hope all goes well with the clomid and that you get your bfp!!! Hopefully u won't need to go down the ivf road again!! Xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Lee80 View Post
    Hi Mam! I remember you from OI thread. Sorry to hear that OI hasn't worked and your on to IVF but still a good chance you'll get that ellusive BFP very soon

Sounds like an antagonist cycle - there is not too much more on the drug side than your used to, except for the addition of orgalutron.

Wishing you all the best on this cycle
    LEE!!!! Hello!!!!! How are u?? What have you been doing? Where has this journey taken you???

I am just terrified if OHSS!! I've got 2 friends who had it really badly and had to be hospitalised... Scary!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Hudson81 View Post
    Can't say for sure, but sounds like an antagonist cycle. I started on 125 of Gonal F and have 14week twins on board:-) Good luck for your cycle!
    Thanks for the hope Hudson!!

Did they transfer two embryos?? Xoxo