+ Reply to Thread
    London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Dont Tell The Bride

(Mods can move this to tv section if they want)

So, Im watching this show right now. Its at the point where the girls just finished their 'hens night' ....so I havent seen how the episode ends.
    So far...this bride needs to get over it. You sign up for a show where the groom makes the decisions for what you consider the biggest day of your life.....therefor, you forfeit the right to be pi$$y if it doesnt go to your liking.

Saying that, I havent seen the end yet. I hope she happily marries him and doesnt make him pay for this for the rest of his life...because after all, THEY BOTH chose this.

(Yes Im bored and ranting )

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

Cleigh  (20-08-2012),Shoopuf  (21-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Dont Tell The Bride

Yup, they tend to only choose brides for this show who are going to get p!ssed at their hubby who will enevitibly (and is probably pushed into by the producers) making completely wrong decisions lol. Well, that's what they did on the English version anyway, and they usually are happy by the end! Predictable but funny telly. Didn't watch it as I forgot it was on

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

I didn't even watch it, but from what I saw on the ads I totally agree! It's laughable that they complain when they signed up for it!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I love the English version!!!!!!!! I found the Aussie one very rushed for some reason. The English one shows where all the money goes and the Aussie one didn't talk about half of what was bought. Here we were thinking old mate didnt buy flowers or her ring or decorations or cake because they didn't show his decision making process. Too much focus on her dream day and seriously who cares because she ain't getting it.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seems to be a chance for the overlooked groom to finally get his own way for once in the relationship.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Seems to be a chance for the overlooked groom to finally get his own way for once in the relationship.

Agree with this....all I ever hear its her day and his opinion means little. BUT I am not a wedding person lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I love how he was all annoyed that he had to spend $1200 out of his own pocket for her to fly to the venue.

Dude! Your entire wedding personally cost you $1200!!!! What's up with the whinging?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I got the overwhelming impression (from the ads) that it was a show designed to make the woman look shallow and make the man look stupid so I didn't watch! I'd trust my DH to plan a wedding, he and I planned ours together, he has excellent taste

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    The british one was pretty good.

Only a few bad ones... I don't think I'll watch the aussie one though as our producers here seem to LOVE sensationalising things!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've seen the British one. I kind of feel bad for everyone involved, as it's clear they are just doing it for a free wedding, because they somehow believe that a wedding that costs $20,000 that one party has no say in is better than a wedding that costs $2,000 that they planned and organised together.