+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default HELP!!!!! 8 week scan shows 5 weeks :O

I went for a scan on Friday - by my dates I was 7 weeks. Sack only measured at 5.5 weeks and no heartbeat found. Sadly I began to miscarry over the weekend and passed a tiny, but complete sack yesterday. I really hope it's good news for you though!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to siansmum For This Useful Post:

Shantillylace  (21-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: HELP!!!!! 8 week scan shows 5 weeks :O

I'm so sorry siansmum. if you don't mind me asking did u have any signs?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

I wasn't out by that amount of time but the GP booked my first scan for 8w3d, I told her I'd only be 7w6d but she insisted she was right. I tried explaining I know I have a long luteal phase so even though I ovulated on the 6th june implantation didn't occur until 28th June because of that. I was 7w5d at my scan. So she apologised when she rang with the results n referral to the OB. So with that in mind and that you may not have ovulated when you thought due to the short use of the pill (were you using an ovulation predictor of any sort) it is possible. Fx n big hugs.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PR2bMum For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    You poor thing! The 2 week wait is the worst. Every day drags, I hope it goes quickly for you.

We had sort of the same thing, no HB and I thought I was further along. As well as that I started bleeding so all looked bleak but 2 weeks later there was a little HB! Oh the relief! I'm now 19 weeks.

Im thinking of you and wish u all the best xo

7. The Following User Says Thank You to allforthem For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just got back from doctors, no suprise have to go for more bloods either this week or early. He suggested either we have our dates wrong or its an empty sac....

I did ask what to look for symptoms wise if it is an empty sac. He said a bleed or clots. Well I guess I won't miss that.....

Quote Originally Posted by siansmum View Post
    I went for a scan on Friday - by my dates I was 7 weeks. Sack only measured at 5.5 weeks and no heartbeat found. Sadly I began to miscarry over the weekend and passed a tiny, but complete sack yesterday. I really hope it's good news for you though!
    ^^ Aside from the scan did you have any other indications?

Quote Originally Posted by PR2bMum View Post
    So with that in mind and that you may not have ovulated when you thought due to the short use of the pill (were you using an ovulation predictor of any sort) it is possible. Fx n big hugs.
    ^Nope no ovulation predictor but I am hopeing I just ovulated later since messing up with the pill. But I'm finding it hard to explain 3 weeks difference.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Hi ShantillyLace,

Yes, I'd had some slight bleeding on and off for a week when I wiped myself in the toilet. It had been a brown colour (like at the end of a period), but on Friday it changed to bright red. I also lost breast tenderness.
    I really hope it's good news for you!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to siansmum For This Useful Post:

Shantillylace  (22-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by siansmum View Post
    I also lost breast tenderness.
    I really hope it's good news for you!
    Thanks! I'm now poking and proding my boobs to make sure their still tender (can't really tell, overthinking it now....) Especially since the doc asked if they were today... he didn't say why but....

AHRG! Two weeks is forever

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never thought it about it much but with my 2nd I was sure I was 3 weeks further along even perhaps 4 but wasn't the case. This one I was 8 days out from last AF.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephv For This Useful Post:

Shantillylace  (22-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by chrissie88 View Post
    Fx things work out for us both :-)

Hey Chrissie! how are things going with you? I never asked are you getting normal pregnancy systems?

I woke up with a temperature of 38.4 at 4:30 this morning. So now I'm sick with the flu, and yep you guessed it more bloods (only cause I saw another doctor who instead of comparing them to my first blood test she wants to compare them to some 48 hours later). Have to do them in the morning and then more Saturday morning. Heres hoping I don't hurl... again....

So nervous!A big thanks to everyone reading this and sharing your stories

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: HELP!!!!! 8 week scan shows 5 weeks :O

Hey Shantilly I actually had some brown spotting today :-( just waiting to see what happens. I still have sore boobs that was only the symptom I really had. My doc said levels at this stage only double every 3-4 days so I have another blood test on Friday. Sucks that you have the flu :-(