+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Raspberry leaf...what's the go?

Yep my body took over and just started pushing too it was a very intense experience

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ashley595 For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (20-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

French knickers & Ashley - can I ask about your experiences? I had a c-section so I didn't get to pushing stage.

'all the books' say when pushing and baby crowns, it's important to try to wait so you can stretch before pushing baby out, to avoid tears. Did you find you were able to do this, or did your body take over and just keep pushing (know what I mean)

Sorry for detailing a bit OP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peasmum View Post
    French knickers & Ashley - can I ask about your experiences? I had a c-section so I didn't get to pushing stage.

'all the books' say when pushing and baby crowns, it's important to try to wait so you can stretch before pushing baby out, to avoid tears. Did you find you were able to do this, or did your body take over and just keep pushing (know what I mean)

Sorry for detailing a bit OP.
    I didn't tear with any of mine. I don't go for coached pushing and just trust my body knows what to do, you can literally feel it. There's sometimes a bit of a pause when it seems like everything has stopped, I think alot of people fall into the trap that they then have to do something...but it's just bubby moving down naturally. On crowning I just breathed and then literally breathed the bubbies out from there on while my body pushed. None of this purple pushing you see on TV.

Thanks
    Reviews

I had a 2nd degree tear, bubby boy shot out like a bullet, I however was not told to try and stop pushing as the midwives I had (1 was a student) didn't actually realize he was crowning until he slipped right out they only just caught him and even then it was more of a fumble to grab and he landed on my stomach type motion. They couldn't see his head properly past the bulging waters (he was born in the membranes and my waters had not broken completely) all I really remember is the 2 midwives standing below me peaking over a towel because they thought my waters were going to burst all over them and then all of a sudden a screaming baby was sliding on top of my deflated belly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I drank rasberry leaf tea from 32 weeks iirc - 1 a day then from 36 weeks 2 or 3 a day. I definately think it helped with labour, mine was relatively short without being too short (6 hours for a first labour) and the midwife mentioned my uterus went back to shape really quickly, and I also had a very abundant milk supply which I believe it is also supposed to help. Of course those 3 things could just be genetic, I was very fit and drink lots of water which might have helped too. But I absolutely recommend it to everyone, just check with your midwife first on how and when to have it.

Thanks
    Reviews

It's recommended only from 32 weeks though so don't worry about starting to take it before, it's to help with uterine contractions etc. it's also meant to be great postnatally to help your uterus to return back to size. You can drink up to 4 or 5 cups a day or have as iced tea as well. Also great in menopause and for women with bad menstrual cramps!

Thanks
    Reviews

What if you start taking it before 32 weeks??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteffCharlotteRuby View Post
    What if you start taking it before 32 weeks??
    Then you have an extra toned uterus, lol I took it from 12 weeks but only after reading alot and speaking to herbalists/naturopath. Alot of people recommend from 32 weeks or whatever though so it pays to read into it and decide what is right for you

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

charula  (21-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I took it from about 32wks (tablets). My labour was 3hrs long (19min breathing, i didnt push) and not all that painful (bub was 9pd 9.5oz, 37cm hc). I dont know if it made a difference, but i will definitely use it again. My first labour was 22hrs, 3.5hrs pushing, 9pd11.5oz baby.

I had terrible afterpains with DS2 though. I was on Panadiene for about 3days afterwards.

Thanks
    Reviews

I took it from 36 weeks but I was shocking and would forget sometimes. I had 2 days of consistent contractions in the latent phase (early labour)and then 12 hours of actual labour. My sister took them from 34 weeks and had a 6 hour labour!