+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Raspberry leaf...what's the go?

Can anyone tell me their experiences with raspberry leaf tea or tabs? What is it supposed to do and when is the best time to take it etc. am 20weeks with dd2 and am wanting to do anything to help labour as I am terrified 2nd time round due to hip problems with dd.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It tones your uterus, which can help with more effective contractions during labour and also helps your uterus contract back to normal size after.
    I took it from about 36 weeks on and had 2 very fast labours with very effective contractions. Maybe coincidence but the tea/tablets certainly won't hurt.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

mummy and bubbles  (20-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I've only had 1 labour so nothing to compare it too but I took raspberry leaf tablets from about 10 weeks my labour from start to finish was 8hr, 2 of which was active labour and 3 pushes and my bubba boy was out my contractions were extremely effective the midwives couldn't believe how easy my labour was for a first timer.

5 days after giving birth my stomach was flat and almost back to normal and I was huge had put on 30kg throughout the pregnancy by day 5 I was 20kg lighter was all just baby, fluids and swelling lol

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ashley595 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Raspberry leaf...what's the go?

I used the tablets with my last pregnancy only and wished that I used them before as my last child was an very very easy birth, had her within 20 mins of 1st contraction, - hence the home birth of her! and the after birth pains were nothing. So all I can say if I have another I am using the tablets again! She was a full term baby also. I Started using them at 34 weeks...

Sent from my GT-I9210T using BubHub

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MyLittlePrincess For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I used them both pregnancies. Highly recommend them. I recovered quickly and had almost no afterpains. I started at 36wks first time - with tea and delivered at 42wks. Started at 32wks daily with my second with the tea and 36wks with the tablets 3times a day. Delivered at 39wks.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks all for the replies, am definately going to get me some tablets. I guess you get them at the health food shops?

Thanks
    Reviews

Yep health food stores my local go vita has them on the counter lol I presume most would have them they are quite popular she knew exactly what I was getting them for when I bought mine.

Also just wanted to add I never got any after birth pains not sure if that was because of the raspberry leaf or not though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

I didn't get after pains with my first but shocking with the others. Magnesium helped immensely.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi raspberry leaf helps tone your uterus and enable co-ordinated, good quality contractions. Studies have shown it to reduce the pushing part (stage 2) of labour and efficient expelling of placenta.
    And because it tones your uterus, it can help your uterus contract back to original size faster.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Yep, I only pushed for 5-10 minutes . Actually my body did it for me.