+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Morning (All Day) Sickness Tips

I am nearly 6 weeks and am nauseas all day, no vomiting. I cant stand the thought of food, Im handling bananas, juice and toast...everything else makes me gag! I am underweight so I really want to stay healthy and not loose anymore weight! Any tips or tricks?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Snack, rather than trying to eat big meals. Make sure u eat something first thing in the morning, before u get out of bed - I kept a Tupperware of salty biccies by the bed, and I'd eat a couple before getting up, it does help. Get ur partner to bring u a cuppa tea in bed in the morning

Ginger helps with the nausea - u can have it as a tea or add it to your food..

Never, NEVER let yourself get hungry.. Once ur hungry, it's too late - ms will get you!

Hydration is very important. Even if u cant manage to keep food in, you MUST keep urself hydrated.

Best tip is just to eat what u can manage. Eating foods u can tolerate is better than stressing about eating "nutritious meals" for the sake of bub. You'll figure out what works for you too - some women it's ginger tea, for me it was peppermint tea (and I used to HATE that). Some women find salt and vinegar chips helped. I just wanted salty biccies.

My last pregnancy I had pregnancy IBS in my first tri, constantly in the loo. Wasnt keeping anything in.. But bub was healthy and BIG! This pregnancy I had bad ms from wk 6, even medication didn't really help. Water made me puke, everything made me puke! But bub is also growing well for dates. So don't stress urself too much, eat what u can, drink plenty of water or juice (sip all day if u can) and get a good pregnancy multivitamin.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I was practically bed ridden last week. I'm 8 weeks tomorrow and just started taking herbal morning sickness tablets from the health food shop and they are helping SO SO much!
    Go and have a chat to a naturopath or health food shop. It makes a huge difference.

Thanks
    Reviews

Steamed plain potato? That helped me and does when I'm sick. Also war anything ginger is good. Other than that crackers or rice cake things are pretty plain?

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

My friend said acupuncture really helped her ms..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was sick for 15 weeks ... It was trial and error with food!
    m&m's were the only thing I was able to consistently eat.
    sometimes salty crackers
    ginger & lemongrass tea
    i lost weight but after the ms stopped I gained weight well, and bubba was 4kg 8lb13oz
    just ensure you are taking vitamins
    Last edited by fionaalice; 20-08-2012 at 22:17. Reason: Spelling error

Thanks
    Reviews

I lived off ginger beer and ginger snap biscuits during the sickness stage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Eat whatever you can. For me, if I went more than an hour or 2 without eating then I'd throw up.

Ginger helps some people, or fizzy lollies (like fruit tingles). I lived off of cereal & milk for a while as it was about all I could eat.

In terms of supplements/medication etc... I first started taking vitamin B6 on my doctor's advice (though it didn't seem to help). Then started on Maxalon, which again didn't seem to do anything. Ended up taking ondansetron (Zofran's one brand name) for about 16 weeks as it got to the point where I was vomiting up everything (including water).

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks for the tips.

I still cant find any relief! Im sick 24/7. Its currently 5am and i just forced myself to eat some toast.
    I dont know how Im going to work if this continues.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hang in there it does get better. I had morning sickness until 14 weeks. Have no idea how I managed to keep it a secret at work til 12 weeks but eating rice crackers constantly helped.

Might have to bring that back again as mine seems to be back this week, grrrr. Not like I don't have enough else to deal with.