+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default are these TT signs?

my dd is only 18mths and we were putting off tt untill she's 2-3.
    However the last few days she has been doing the following things listed below and im wondering if she's ready for an introduction to Mr. Potty already? I really dont want to scew up the whole TT thing and scare her or pressure her. I'd like it to be relaxed and done at her pace. She's also not talking yet, which makes it hard to understand what she's doing.
    These are the signs she's showing:
    -Standing still with her legs appart giving me a blank look, pulling at the legs of her pants and saying "gooo! gooo!" - usually means she's just done a wee.
    -Standing still, stopping what she's doing and pushing for number 2's. When i ask if she is doing a poo she pulls at her pants and starts to take them off saying 'gooo gooo!" then i walk her to give her a nappy change - sure enough she's done a poo.
    -When i go to the toilet she will unroll a full roll of toilet paper and start putting it all in the toilet bowl and also hands me toilet paper.
    -She also pretends to wipe her bum when i say "dd wipe?" when she's in the loo with me.
    She still has faily wet nappies and we go thru 4-5 a day and she will do a poo as soon as i put a new nappy on her. I just think she is realising what is happening in her nappy and announcing it as she becomimg more vocal and expressive.

Is there anything i should be doing to encourage TT even tho i think it's too early? i just have no idea about TT as she is my first bub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

DD2 is 21mths and does similar things. I think its them starting to realise whats going on.
    Im waiting for the weather to warm up a bit to TT - just easier with less clothes in summer

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RmumR View Post
    DD2 is 21mths and does similar things. I think its them starting to realise whats going on.
    Im waiting for the weather to warm up a bit to TT - just easier with less clothes in summer
    Those were my thoughts too. Yes summer is a great time for TT, i agree!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption

It sounds like she is starting to at her own pace. Maybe when you notice she is going to do a poo put her on the toilet so she knows that is where it goes. Even if she can't get it the first time tell her how good it is that she tried

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tadpoles View Post
    It sounds like she is starting to at her own pace. Maybe when you notice she is going to do a poo put her on the toilet so she knows that is where it goes. Even if she can't get it the first time tell her how good it is that she tried
    im affraid of scaring her by putting her on the toilet! ATM the toilet is fun and nothing to be afraid of - even the flushing, she stands there and watches.
    I plan to get one of those steps and preferably start her out on the potty. Th toilet is just so big. And that hole - im sure she'd fall in!

Thanks
    Reviews

My DD is 11 months and as soon as the weather warns up I'll be starting the TT process. I've already bought a potty so she gets used to it and it won't be a big deal to her later on. Good luck. I don't think she's too young to start at all but definitely easier to train in the warm months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption

Quote Originally Posted by Hunkamunka View Post
    im affraid of scaring her by putting her on the toilet! ATM the toilet is fun and nothing to be afraid of - even the flushing, she stands there and watches.
    I plan to get one of those steps and preferably start her out on the potty. Th toilet is just so big. And that hole - im sure she'd fall in!
    I used to hold DS on the toilet. He wanted to use it and I was scared of him falling in too. I ended up finding a little seat for him in big w which made the hole smaller so he couldn't fall in.

If she thinks it is fun already then she might not be scared of it at all

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FrothyFrog For This Useful Post:

Hunkamunka  (20-08-2012)