+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default TWW now until start September

Quote Originally Posted by Zakmick View Post
    Tickle, when I used the progesterone support ( crinone) it didn't stop my AF, but some women say it does.

It is difficult path to keep battling down, but you pick yourself up and keep trudging along.
    Thanks ladies! Not one to air my issues so thanks for your advise! And you right about it lengthening the experience my using the donor we have, if we choose to go unknown we can attempt IUI, start straight away and avoid another round of IVF for now. I just wonder if I will kick myself in years to come for being selfish and

Thanks
    Reviews

Advice* didn't mean to send all that just yet :/

Selfish and feel like I rushed it for my own benefit. If we use known again we have to wait for another 6 month quarantine time.

My DH just says "it's up to you, if you don't think you can do it again I won't make you" but I think I will feel guilty for it - I'm not good at putting myself first - I would give anyone the shirt off my back - so all this is a very new to me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think that is a little unfair, to put it all on you, although dh is probably just trying to not pressure you to do something you may not feel you can do. In this instance, I think you have to talk about what is best for both of you, this is a "together thing", its not the kind of thing you do on your own, so it is a decision you "both" have to make "together", something which you are both happy with.
    I guess there are pros and cons for both!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI everyone

Bwana - my DH is being unsupportive this time around too...I don't think he realises what I am going through with all the hormones, emotions etc - I think it is maybe because they are removed from it all in a way...but still doesn't help when I need him. Good luck with your chat with your DH...hope it goes well.

Tickeles84 - Good luck with your decision hun...hopefully you won't need to worry about it as you will get your BFP!

Mrsh22 - oh sounds promising! I don't think Crinone would give you a positive - when is your blood test? Good luck!

Fortitude - I hope AF stays away for you and you get to your blood test on Saturday - stay away AF!! I hate those late few days too - last cycle AF did begin to turn up for me despite being on Crinone and so I knew it was all over by the time I had my BT...yet the first cycle AF stayed away until a few days after I stopped Crinone - yet still got a BFN! So every cycle is so different.

Zakmick - sorry to hear dryness is an issue - hope it clears up soon for you - the last thing you need along with everything else!

Well as for me...I am having a bit of a hard time already in the 2ww...I am just so anxious whether it has worked or not...I am still a little bloated but otherwise feel pretty much normal but then it is probably too early yet isn't it? My boobs don't even hurt this time despite being on Crinone...then I get worried - is that because my body isn't producing progesterone naturally because my little embryo hasn't implanted? I am 4dp5dt today. It is doing my head in thinking that if this doesn't work it will never work as it is our best chance yet...I am just so scared of feeling so upset again if it is a negative...

Hope everyone else is going ok xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs Dolphin For This Useful Post:

bwana  (29-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Dolphin, wouldn't it be nice to just go to sleep after transfer, and wake up on blood test day???
    I wish they handed us a pill as we walk out the door after transfer that just knocks us out for a couple of weeks.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bwana For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (29-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

That is my DH's attempt of being supportive without saying "no I really want to use the donor we have" which is how I know he feels. But he wouldn't say it in the fear us deciding to do something I don't really want too and then resenting him for it ...

And you are right about it not being fair to put it on me, but he doesn't realize that is what he is doing

As you are also discovering, communicating in these circumstances is very difficult! Don't know if it is how you feel, if you're overreacting or it's all just the hormones! Bloody hormones 😁

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Bwana- no not on any other meds now. Was never tested for NK cells, FS doesn't believe entirely in them. However he thought a short dose of steroids may strengthen my lining.

Last transfer, I had a m/c at 9 wks and I had been on the steroids then too, so his theory is mimic last transfer and let's hope we have a correctly fertlized embryo.

As we had the conception tested when I had a d&c last m/c and it came back with an abnormal chromosome- so FS feels that all my past m/c have been due to this reason, even though conception was only tested once.

We have had our individual karotype tests completed and they both came back normal. So FS believes the odds are in our favor for a correctly fertlized embryo, but if this one is not successful we are considering going down the pgd path.

The steroids can affect your mood too, especially if your not sleeping- did you have look at the side effects?

Thanks
    Reviews

Mrs Dolphin: I am also 4dp5dt today and I don't have sore BBs either, just bloating and intermittent cramping. My bowel is only just coming back to normal so I'm attributing all symptoms to that and the progesterone. I've had my second pregnyl booster today so that also contributes to cramps, according to my FS.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: TWW now until start September

Zakmick, I just had a look at side effects, and mood changes is at the top of the list. Fancy that!!
    It also hasnt helped that dh has just quit nicorette chewies, that he's been addicted to for quite a few years, so it has probably been bad timing for him to quit them while I am going through all of this.
    We have just had a chat at lunch time, things are a lot calmer now, we might go out for dinner tonight and chat some more.
    I had the biopsy done after mc and four more failed transfers after that, three before the mc, and a lit of blood tests, I have nk cells amoung other problems, so I am happy to try something different, as we always get perfect embryos, just no luck getting them to implant, or stay put.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews

So both of you are not in a good place and it can be explained by the horrible medication and withdrawals, I'm glad your taking some time out for yourselves xx

We can get them to implant but not stay, due to crappy embryos...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Zakmick For This Useful Post:

bwana  (29-08-2012)