+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Honestly, I hate it.
    DH and I are both really messy people, and I have a bad habit of buying 'stuff' so we never have a place for everything, there's always things laying out on benches/tables/any flat surface, so the place always looks messy, even if I've just cleaned. It's not like hoarders or anything but you know, a pile of bills/receipts etc that haven't made it up to the filing cabinet sitting on the bench, stuffed toys that I should pack away in the cupboard (or get rid of) on the sideboard, the fridge is always covered with bits of paper (which looks awful but the only way I remember to pay bills and go to appointments etc), toys are always EVERYWHERE!!! So even when I tidy up for mothers' group, I still feel like it's messy, which is embarrassing for me. I like the convenience of having mothers group at my place, just not the 2 days of preparation I have to put into it.
    My mum and sister I don't mind having over (even unannounced most days, though some days when it's particularly messy I feel bad), but most people, no. And I HATE it when DH invites people from work etc that I don't know, over with only an hour or so's notice, it's not enough time for me to even do a perfunctory clean...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Do you enjoy having visitors over? if not, why not?

I love it but i have no one who visits me

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Curby View Post
    Love it! Unplanned visitors don't bother me either!
    This. I love having people come over and unplanned visits are often the best as it makes me feel like I'm such good company people are driving past and think "I'd love to hang out with Sonja"

I don't understand people who don't like visitors but are happy to visit other people. Social contracts are a 2 way street.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

I really don't like drop ins, the freak me out, but I do like visitors. Particularly close friends who I can have comfortable silence with, otherwise it can be exhausting.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love visitors, drop ins are more than welcome

heeeeerekittykitty is offline My babies, my cats ....ahhhh , bliss !!!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Do you enjoy having visitors over? if not, why not?

I love certain visitors . The ones I can still stay in my pjs for. Not worry that my house is clean . Not worry that they are judging my parenting. Not worry about entertaining them by having to sit still and talk to or feed a gourmet meal . The type that just get that your in a mad rush around the house chasing after the kids while chatting , get that we will probably take an hour to finish one conversation and that we will be hanging out amid bath time , playing , cuddling to sleep etc . That ste happy with an easy lunch , dinner or take away . They are the ones I love . Im lucky that my dad , sister , close friends , grandmother and in laws all fall into this category and they all come often , day time and night time .

As for drop ins, I'd honestly hyperventilate . Thank god no one ever ever does this to me . I'd die.

Thanks
    Reviews

I love visitors! I don't like drop ins though. I think it's courteous to call ahead. Mainly because I am often in my pjs all day on my days off work!!! No one wants to see me braless!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to One of THOSE mums! For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (23-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Depends who it is and how long they stay. I don't enjoy people popping in unannounced or hanging around all day. If they come over for a couple of hours and I know it's happening then yep

Less so when our combined children fight or all scream at once eek

Thanks
    Reviews

No I don't really like visitors. Only when it's friends and I've invited them... Even then it's only about once every 2 months. I'm a home body and just don't like people coming over as I'm not a social person in general.. Plus it's usually a mess as I only clean when absolutely necessary (I'd rather spend time with my one and only son who goes off to school next year)

***Sent from my phone***
    Last edited by Happy2be3; 20-08-2012 at 21:49.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    I don't understand people who don't like visitors but are happy to visit other people. Social contracts are a 2 way street.
    There are certain people who I'd rather visit than have visit me, but that's either because a) their kids trash my house or b) they massively overstay their welcome. Doesn't mean i don't put in effort with these people, just that a catch up elsewhere is more enjoyable