+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Do you enjoy having visitors over? if not, why not?

I'm not keen on it coz our house is small and we have a lot of stuff it always feels messy so if anyone comes I want to know about it first, I don't like drop ins. I hate playing host coz I'm not really a coffee drinker so I forget to offer it. And I hate when they stay and I'm ready for them to leave. I feel like I have to entertain them and can't do anything I want to do. Plus I get all worked up about them coming and have to clean everything even if it is clean already.

Thanks
    Reviews

I love visits but prefer they give notice first so I can make sure I have my face on and hair is done as well as wrestling with the girls to get them dressed!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Depends who it is. Some friends yes, others I'd rather go out for dinner with.

Family - I don't mind as long as I have warning because there are lots of babies and I want to make sure the floor is clean so they can crawl around!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Im fine with visitors but like to know theyre coming first and an approx time so i can have enough food/drinks etc to offer them.

DH's grandparents have a habit of dropping in unannounced and that annoys me a bit mostly cause its odd times that they pop around unannounced.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes i enjoy a planned visit as i have time to organise food/drinks and clean up the house - it's a great excuse for me to clean where i dont usualy clean. Im house proud and really like to make the effort to have a clean home for guests comming for dinner or lunch or whatever as it doesnt happen too often at all.
    I dont care if they notice i went on a mad cleaning spree just for their visit because my entire home smells like a bottle of pine o clean. To me it means i made the effort for them and its a reflection of who i am.
    I dont really appreciate un announced visits or a text saying "im just round the corner, r u home?....." However everyone is always welcome in my house and i make sure they feel welcome. The un anounced visitors just dont get my wonderful clean house and stocked fridge to admire hehehehe!!!! and have to move toys and wipe down the couch before they sit bahaha oh well! their problem!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

It depends who it is! My family, yes, because I'm completely comfortable around them and they make themselves at home. Inlaws yes because it makes me give the house a massive clean lol. Childless friends yes because they never make a mess. 1 of my mum friends yes because she is helpful and brings yummy home baked cookies! Other mum friends not so much because they generally let their kids trash the place and break things! DH's friends yes because they love my cooking and generally just sit and watch footy lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Unannounced visitors send me into a shaking, sweating ball of anxiety. Nothing worse. I usually hide.

Organised visitors. I need at least 3 days notice and it takes me about 3 days to recover.

So yeah.... Guess my answer is a massive NO.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

Gracie's Mum  (20-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Do you enjoy having visitors over? if not, why not?

I love it and don't mind unannounced visitors (think it comes from growing up in small farming community where we were always dropping into say hi) Dh hates it as he likes to have the house spot less clean before people come over. He will make me scrub the house from top to bottom before my family come to stay from interstate and have it looking like a show home which I think is ridiculous as in half a day ds has turned it upside down! Plus they are here to see us not inspect the house IMO.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really dont enjoy it. I feel embarrassed because our house is so small, and usually untidy, which makes me feel uncomfortable.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pregnor For This Useful Post:

Mulva  (20-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nope - I'm too cynical and a bit if a nihilist these days to bother ringing people let alone invite them over. I'm very selective about who I spend time with.

If a friend says they'll pop in for a visit I'm fine with it but I don't invite people much anymore. People annoy me.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (20-08-2012)